Mid-Michigan people(Saginaw area)

robb

The place in Bay City that used to be called Deep in the jungle did move to Saginaw where the old Porthole store used to be. It's name is Aquatic Gardens. They don't have their SW set up yet but they are shooting for 3 weeks from now. I stopped in there today to look around.

T

thomas712

Robb - We found out through one of Tracey's friends yesterday that they did buy that place but had not moved in at the time we talked about it when you had come over.
Glad you found out the information.
Thomas

robb

Yeah I was out that way today and remembered what you said about where they moved and I thought "I'm gonna run down there and take a look" It turned out to be there. The store is completely remodeled. It doesn't look anything like the Porthole did inside.

krunk

robb, did they have their live rock up? or is that coming along with all the other fish? whats the new number?

tod4life

all they have is fresh water and supplies right now. they will get LR & sw fish in about a month. the store looks very nice, like Robb said, nothing like the porthole used to look like.

robb

They have some huge chunks of lace rock. Very nice looking show pieces. It's all dry though.

tod4life

i talked to them about those big pieces of rock, they were pretty sweet looking. They wanted $70 for one, not a bad deal.

krunk

does anyone remember how much lr costed at Deepin the Jungle? i remember port hole was about 5$/pd not sure though

robb

Not sure how much it cost there.
The guy told me that they would be getting some new kind of LR in. It was a man made rock I think.