Middle Age Crisis?

cranberry

What age did you hit it for those personalities that will indeed "get it"? Particularly woman.
Every year I dread getting older, it's a passed on family heirloom, I'm afraid. Thanks Mum, Grams and Aunties. But this year was different. It started with my normal *middle finger* in response to "Happy Birthdays!". Progressed naturally to me picking up and hanging up the phone when someone called with celebratory remarks... except when my dad would call, we share the same birthday, so we would wish each other "Happy Decay". At the end of the day I would cheer like it was New Year's Eve.
Well, this year I unwrapped a lovely box of mortality. And I just said to my hubby "Middle Age Crisis?".
I now get the older gentleman in his shiny new sports car, it's not that he's trying to be younger, he just opened up his box of mortality and realizes that there is a very short tomorrow in which to own things you've always dreamed of.

gliderjohn

Now that the kids have grown, it's the things I want to do instead of the things I want to own.
Working on my bucket list!