MIDWEST ATTENTION ::: Corals Wanted :::

jer4916

Hello,
I'm interested in corals in the midwest, if your selling your corals/inverts please let me know
I live in Sioux Falls, SD....i'd like to buy with in a 4 hour drive of this location.
~Chris

kingspade

chris im going to jump in this with you if you dont mind, i am also in the midwest, (Dubuque Iowa) and am also looking for corals. just like chris i am willing to drive a few hrs for stuff too. thanx- Tony
hope you dont mind chris, if you do loet me know and ill delete post

pallan

sorry chris got nothing for you
just found my first person on here close to me. Im in Brandon actually
so just thought id say hi.

jer4916

Originally Posted by Pallan
sorry chris got nothing for you
just found my first person on here close to me. Im in Brandon actually
so just thought id say hi.

Hey,
You should come to the sioux falls aqua club meetings!
its free,
next week were going behind the scenes at the omaha zoo
contact me if your interested
chrisreistroffer@gmail.com

pallan

saw the add for the club in the paper a few weeks back and thought about it. might look into it soon right now to busy to deal with anything else when/where does the club meet?

jer4916

We meet once a month at the ronning branch.
Your more than welcome to come, we have discussions on care,trips,frag swaps...all sorts of cool things...it really helps when learning about this hobby.
~Chris

hoover86

Hey I have nothing for you either, just thought I'd say hi from Yankton. I got almost everything I have for my new reef through Mini Critters and noticed you are from Sioux Falls, small world!!!

jer4916

Originally Posted by hoover86
Hey I have nothing for you either, just thought I'd say hi from Yankton. I got almost everything I have for my new reef through Mini Critters and noticed you are from Sioux Falls, small world!!!

Very small world, your also welcome at the sioux falls club and welcome to come to the behind the scenes tour in omaha with our group.
contact me if your interested.
also if your looking for better corals...theres a private LFS in sioux falls...WAAAAAAY better than mini's and safari
fish blow them out of the water as well
place is called : Oceans of the Midwest
Ask for Grant,
1-605-929-3730
oops thats my phone number..hahaha
his is : 1-605-360-1110
guys prices are way cheaper as well

hoover86

NICE! Thanks man, does he do things out of his home or how does that work? I'm looking at getting a bunch of fish as soon as my tank cycles, I was gonna order them online because they are so much cheaper, but it would be nice if he has better prices, it seems like min is kinda high on their skimmers and rock too. I love their live rock though with all the webbing, I will never buy Fiji after seing theirs. Thanks for the tip!

jer4916

Originally Posted by hoover86
NICE! Thanks man, does he do things out of his home or how does that work? I'm looking at getting a bunch of fish as soon as my tank cycles, I was gonna order them online because they are so much cheaper, but it would be nice if he has better prices, it seems like min is kinda high on their skimmers and rock too. I love their live rock though with all the webbing, I will never buy Fiji after seing theirs. Thanks for the tip!

his rock blows mini's outta the water, also he has a better selection of reef fish, but he can also get aggressive....his prices are better...his stock is better...i buy everything through him...i've been burned my mini's and safari to many times....
again give him a call
it'll be worth your time
1-605-360-1110
His name is grant
Tell him chris sent you in...and he might cut you a deal (were friends)

sdsupilot

i will have to agree with chris about oceans of the midwest. grant is a great guy and he really cares about you and your satisfaction. mini has been alright but overpriced and lately i have been having probs with keepin stuff that i get from there alive... therefore i will be getting all my stuff from grant. he qt's all of the the stuff he gets in for 2 wks b4 he sells it which is pretty good considering all the stuff from mini's is less than a week old in almost all cases. and it is nice to see more and more people from sd and this area in this hobby...
sdsupilot

jer4916

Hey Mark,
welcome to SWF!
you coming to omaha with us this coming saturday...to go behind the scenes at the omaha zoo?
should be a wicked fun trip!

hoover86

Hey thanks man, I called Grant and it sounds really awesome. I can't wait to stop by his place and check things out. He told me about some live rock that he gets that you can build things with and told me you had some. I was wondering if you had pictures of anything that you could send to give me an idea of what he's talking about. I'm at hoover86@hotmail.com. Thanks for the info, I wish I would have known before I spent $10 a pound for marshall for 50 pounds at Mini!!

jer4916

Here is my tank:
All my rock is from grant, 90% of my corals are from him as well...same with 90% of all my fish.
have any questions you can call me

sdsupilot

Hey Chris,
sorry man i cant make it this weekend... i hope there will be another trip down there sometime because i really want to check it out. this weekend im goin back to winner to build a new canopy for my tank so my lights will be enclosed. so it should be a fairly eventful trip. but yea take lots of pictures so i can check it out!!
thanks
Mark

pallan

thanks for all the info, i called grant tonight and im looking forward to seeing his stuff. Im kinda a low key newbie yet and money is definatly a obstical in this hobby so we'll see where i can go with it.
hope to go to some meetings as well soon but gotta deal with a death in the family today so wont be for awhile. nice to see other Sd people here though. gives me some options for local advice.

jer4916

Originally Posted by sdsupilot
Hey Chris,
sorry man i cant make it this weekend... i hope there will be another trip down there sometime because i really want to check it out. this weekend im goin back to winner to build a new canopy for my tank so my lights will be enclosed. so it should be a fairly eventful trip. but yea take lots of pictures so i can check it out!!
thanks
Mark

the trip is on the 25th...its not this saturday, but the next.

jer4916

Originally Posted by Pallan
thanks for all the info, i called grant tonight and im looking forward to seeing his stuff. Im kinda a low key newbie yet and money is definatly a obstical in this hobby so we'll see where i can go with it.
hope to go to some meetings as well soon but gotta deal with a death in the family today so wont be for awhile. nice to see other Sd people here though. gives me some options for local advice.

Hey,
How old are you? ...Have any pictures of your tank?
~Chris

pallan

Originally Posted by Jer4916
Hey,
How old are you? ...Have any pictures of your tank?
~Chris
35 YO
here is the tank after switched from 45 to 75 gallon. been some additions in flow added since pic was taken also a couple of mini's corals were added to see if i can keep them (experimental) next gotta work on getting rock, need new skimmer, and would like to get off the canister filter and into a sump/refugium