Might've @#$@ed Up Once again

well i just snagged a suncoral from here and knowing all and well that i had to feed it, it was no big deal i thought i would just feed it when i fed my scallop. Well... now i heard that they have to be "fed" as in a big piece of krill in a mouth.... that won't work cuz i got 3 clownfish that do the same thing as me when they see food they fight for it!
prior to purchasing it i thought that you only needed to "squirt" it w/ some brine, i still think think it's fine to do it but can i get some experience to back it up

puffer32

Squirt the heads with small pieces of food, they will close on it.I squirt food for the fish with a turkey baster and give my sun coral a squirt at the same time.

florida joe

There is a product called Sea Squirt that I use which gives you the advantage of precise target feeding. It’s also telescopic so you get a long reach with out having to put your hands in the water

spanko

Cut a pop bottle about in half or more towards the bottom. Ust the top half as a dome over the coral. Feed through the opening. This will keep everyone else away while the coral has time to feed.

cool thats 1 problem solved but now it's the food to feed it i was gunna use crushed fish food mized with zooplantkon/ phytoplankton and saltwater? or i could go out and buy frozen brine?

cpl40475

I feed my sun coral every other day. I feed mine diff from what everyone else has said due to the fact of my tank full of thieves lol. I remove the sun coral from my tank place it it a bowl of tank water. Using a syringe and a small piece of rigid airline I drop mysis shrimp onto each polyp. This take about 30 mins every other night but its so rewarding watching the sun expand to eat. If you feed at the same time each day the sun will become use to his regular feeding time and be opening up. Cyclop eeze is a good source to get the coral to open up at first for the feeding.
Hope that helps you out
Tracy