Mike's New Tank Diary

mike22cha

I heard that zoos do better under T-5's or MH's but can go under PC's.
If I get high output bulbs for PC then would that help the zoo grow faster?
Also can Rics go under my PC's?

coral keeper

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Found a cool starter coral pack on a LARGE online website. It contains:
1xWhammin Watermelon Zoo (10-15polyps)
1xRadioactive Dragoneyes Zoo(10-15)
1xPink Bubble Gum Zoo(10-15)
1xKenya Tree Coral (2"-3")
1xGreen Star Polyp Frag (2-3")
Anthellia Coral (3"-4" tall)
all for 75$+shipping
Would all these be good under pc's?

Did you get the corals yet? If you didnt get the corals yet when are you going to get them? Good luck!

mike22cha

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Did you get the corals yet? If you didnt get the corals yet when are you going to get them? Good luck!
Whenever i get the money, which should be soon once I sell some stuff.

mike22cha

Ok well my sailfin, has this white paches around it's eyes. It has always been there. Now it's gettting a little bigger and there are some on both sides of it's tail. They are not the same size on the tail, but same place. So I'm going to QT it.

mike22cha

Ok went to the lfs getting water for a water change, and planned on maybe getting some corals with some of the 140$ I got. I ended up spending 200$!!

But it was worth it!

Here's what I got:
-10g of sw 10$
-Liquid Calcium 10$
-Iodine 10$
-Strontium 10$
-Cleaner shrimp 20something$
-Striped Mushroom 50$
-Green zoos (not sure on exact type) 40$
-Bag of live seaweed/algae/fish food 5$

mike22cha

Well nobody seems to respond but I get plenty of views. Anyways, here's some pics of my fine new additions.

mike22cha

Ok here are some of the shrimp, the zoos that came with the mushrooms, and some random fish pics I just took. Enjoy!

brandon7491

lol so much for the frag pack. still ur stuff looks nice. if i were u i would be saving up for some t-5 or mh's. ur tank almost looks dark. but still comming along good. i no how u feel with the money issue too. im 16 and whenever i get money its off to the bank to put 50%in and off to the lfs to spend the rest lol

mike22cha

I'm 14 and making just enough to keep up with my tank and fill 'er up. I mow a lawn and get 20$ a week from that and help my mom clean an office 3 times a week and get 50$ from that. I still need to talk to my dad about getting a tank going for a doc, and I may get some money there. I figured I'd start saving when I get a real job, LOL.
Thanks for the compliment!
And as far as lighting goes, my dad and mom spent 600$ on the pc's so I can't realy upgrade becuase my dad doesn't want me throwing all that money away.

mike22cha

Well my purple tang died today. It had HLLE but I think it was because it wasn't eating that much lately. RIP Purple tang. I'm going to tackle the HLLE on my sailfin, get a skimmer, then maybe I'll get a yellow tang down the road.

coral keeper

Hey mike, where did you go!!?? You didnt go on for half a week all ready and your not responding to MSN. Where did you go??

mike22cha

Has survived on the worst lfs I've seen in OK, and has been with us for about 6months. I believe he is an adult fish becuase I think he is maxed in size. Moses, I've been in Minnesota to answer your question and school has started so not a lot of time to IM.
Thanks for the compliments everyone!