Mimic tang discoloration....

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There may be a problem but without a picture, it is hard to tell. Are the gills or flesh read, or does it look like real skin color. Look at the last picture in the Diseased Fish thread. Notice anything that looks like that?

mujtba

no it isn't like that.. just has a tail, fins and gills which look dirty or black...
im hearing they change colors and thats normal..
the only red I noticed, is on the back of the gills.. one red line or streak...
its been this way for almost 2 months now for me, so im guessin its normal.. fish seems to be doin fine.. is it just a morphing stage??
will my tang look pretty later? right now it just looks like it took a mud bath...

jacknjill

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Holy Cow!! I am looking in my fish bible and I think pawn3d has a point!! Shows it right there on page 379 Marine Fishes as adults they get all funky colored.
LOL are you talking about the conscientious marine aquarist?

pwnag3!!

Originally posted by mujtba
no it isn't like that.. just has a tail, fins and gills which look dirty or black...
im hearing they change colors and thats normal..
the only red I noticed, is on the back of the gills.. one red line or streak...
its been this way for almost 2 months now for me, so im guessin its normal.. fish seems to be doin fine.. is it just a morphing stage??
will my tang look pretty later? right now it just looks like it took a mud bath...

mine has that one red line also... im sure its normal

T

tizzo

Originally posted by JacknJill
Originally Posted by Tizzo

Holy Cow!! I am looking in my fish bible and I think pawn3d has a point!! Shows it right there on page 379 Marine Fishes as adults they get all funky colored.
LOL are you talking about the conscientious marine aquarist?

No, I literally mean Marine Fishes
:D

mujtba

i know they get like 8-9inch, but mines just 4 inch and is displayin these adult changes...
must be puberty...:hilarious
anyway, i hope they start to look cleaner.. the red streak behind the gills isn't nice too..
almost seems like lackin some vitamins..
sux