min. tank size for 2 eels???

gootz

what tank size do you have because I was on marinedepotlive.com and it insists on really large tanks

gootz

i know snowflake eels only need a 30 gallon. That's the minimum for the snow flake eels.

I

irenicus

Snowflake eels need a bit larger tank than 30 in my opinion. 1 have one that's over 2 feet and I wouldn't put him in anything less that a 55.
These eels start off slow, but will grow quickly... don't be deceived by their starting size.

gootz

i'm not sure about the mexican dragon but the snowflake only needs a 30 gallon tank. What filter do you have because the Mexican dragon eel needs essential filteration

justchillin

those species don't need much space...i just got a free 30 gallon and i'm trying to decide on what to stock...
i know one of these is fine in a 30 but wasn't sure about 2...

justchillin

Originally posted by GoOtZ
i'm not sure about the mexican dragon but the snowflake only needs a 30 gallon tank. What filter do you have because the Mexican dragon eel needs essential filteration

thier filtration needs are equvilant to those of most eels...i kept one for years and it's still thriving...

gootz

no I'm not to sure about eels but I doubt you can keep 2 in a 30 gallon tank, but your can really do wat you want. my friend has like 5 trigger all around 4 inches in a 55 gallon and their healthy and active. i'm new to salt water . only joined the saltwater game 2 years ago, so im not too sure. ask your LFS

justchillin

Originally posted by lionfish12
If you get a dragon eel then a 180 gallon.

depends on the kind of dragon...hawaiian yes...mexican no...
i've got a mex. dragon that is a 6 years old and he's about 18" long and thriving in a 75.

I

irenicus

Originally posted by GoOtZ
...my friend has like 5 trigger all around 4 inches in a 55 gallon and their healthy and active...

I'm usually a person that doesn't reprimand on space, but that is a very tight fit.
I seriously doubt that health streak will last for too long w/o an upgrade.
:nope:

gasguzzler

My dragon is aggressive enough in his own tank...I couldnt imagine putting it with another eel in a 30! Pretty soon Id have one eel again. Or 1 and a 1/2?