mini feather dusters? everywhere

greg9871

at first i thought it was just air bubbles cought up on some algae btu at a closer inspection the are actualy little spirals i think there mini feather dusters since i have lots and lots and lots of them, these things are popping up every where on my glass, ill try to get a pic in the morning if possible but they are really small idk if i will be able to, anyways if that what they are is there any way to stop them there getting kind of annoying

reefreak29

you said they were spiral . do a search on Serpulid polychaetes and also Spirorbid worms, see if thats what they are.

greg9871

well i searched the first one and i found this pic of that but it also represents what i have what i have is the lttle one in the pic the ones that are about 1/8 to 1/16 of and inch

louti

Yea, those are spirorbid worms. I have them too. I dont know of a way to safely get rid of them. I just have to scrape them off the glass every other week or so. From what I read, they get better as the tank matures.

greg9871

they just kind of freaked me out since pretty much over night i had hundreds mabey thousands of them all of the glass

bgbdwlf2500

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2644447
no there not bad, they do typically go away in time
thought they did some time after they appeared in my 55, now they have appeared in the 120.
Originally Posted by Greg9871

http:///forum/post/2644463
they just kind of freaked me out since pretty much over night i had hundreds mabey thousands of them all of the glass
yep you dont notice then all of a sudden, "whered they come from?"

kurtymac

i have my fair share as well. I've heard it is due to an over excesive amount of nutrients in the water. Lower the nutrients and they should start to decline in numbers.

A

alexmir

all of mine went away very quickly, dont worry about trying to kill them or scrape them off unless they are on the glass.