Miniatus Grouper

jeffsz28

they will attack other fish that have somewhat close to the same colors as them,and will be aggressive towards new fish

set-man

Cool fish when they come out. They spend most of their time behind/ under rocks. When fed they flash their bright blue spots and are spectacular to watch. Don't expect it to swim around the tank much.

ohscc

I have had my miniatus grouper for 6 months now and he is the king of the tank. Before I got him I had a picasso trigger in there for 6 months and then waited 6 months to add the grouper. The trigger took a snap at the grouper and the grouper snapped back. Ever since the miniatus grouper is king of the tank. My grouper comes out all the time to mess with trigger so I bought a tank divider system to separate them. I think it is a hit or miss on if the grouper will be aggressive or not. (Ha.. I was afraid the picasso would pick on the grouper) Other than that the grouper is very easy to keep and eats great. Make sure you get one that is very bright and looks healty in the fish store. Good luck and I hope this helps.

porkchop

Anybody know if you can keep more than one grouper in a tank? Like say a blue-spotted and a miniatus. If so, how big of a tank?