missing damsel please help!!

groucheux

I haven't seen my third yellow tailed damsel in three days now. He was the reclusive one and hid in the rocks, but I could always find him. At first I thought that maybe he died up in the rocks or something, but my water chemistry is still perfect. Can a Condi anenome eat an inch long damsel? What should I do?

chuck

Lucky you! I have been trying to get a yellow tail damsel out of my tank for a long, long time. I have decided to let him stay, he seems to be the smartest fish I have ever encountered. As for the anenome I have no idea. He is probably hiding in a rock, but if he doesn't come out when you feed him, he most probably is dead--they love to eat. Good luck.

dennish

I just noticed this morning my dominoe damsel missing when I was feeding- (He never missed a meal before). My wife said she hadn't seen him last night either. So I began moving rocks and stuff looking for him. I eventually found him under a rock, dead, not sure why but he had been losing color, turning grayish, lately. Anyway before I found him I found something really surprising! on a piece of fake wood that the Damsels have been know to hid in before I noticed something grayish on the wood. At first I thought it was a sponge, but after closer examination, it turned out to be what I think is a baby starfish! A little less that half an inch. it moved around after I put it back in the tank so its still alive.
-Dennis

groucheux

well, now I'm missing all three of my damsels. I'm completely bummed! My anemone seems very happy though. He's found a nice crevice and is hidden down in there now, yesterday he was extended all the way out. Do I ditch the condi? Will he hurt a tang or other bigger fish? It's like Little Shop of Horrors in my tank!