Missing fish....now what

ynotme4886

I was upgrading from a 54corner to a 92 corner yesterday. I moved all my fish into a 29gal tank on the floor in the living room across from the new setup. I took some of the liverock out of the old tank and set it in the 29 so the fish had a place to hide and graze during the swap.
After the tank was in place and the sand base was in I pulled out all but 3 pieces of the liverock from the 29 and placed it in the new tank and started to fill it. After the new tank was full (which took a good 2 hrs at least) I pulled out the rest of the rock and noticed I was missing a fish. I have a 3-4 inch ebili angelfish missing.
I saw him in the holding tank while I was working. Could he have hidden in the live rock? I flipped all of the pieces over before moving them looking for hitchhikers.
We found a shrimp and an emerald crab hanging onto the rock but I cant find the damn fish anywhere.
I thought maybe one of the cats walked by and swiped him but none of them were wet...the floor was dry and no carcass that we have found. Plus he tended to stay near the bottom of the tank. There were easier meals to catch then him.
Its the next morning and still no clue. If he is wedged in the rock should I pull it out and search for him or just leave well enough alone

Its bad enough to kill a fish but misplacing one is just upsetting. I am at a loss here as to what to do.

fishygurl

ik a lot of fish can magically disapear and all of a sudden appear a long time afterwards.. but are you sure hes not in your sump or anything?
it sounds like u were careful and checked each rock before u put them in the other tank.. is there any holes that he may have been able to squeeze through? how long did u see him in the 29 and how much rock was left?

ynotme4886

Last I saw him was when I started moving the rock. I left 3 pcs and moved the rest of the rock starting from the top to the bottom. The 3 pcs left were solid with no hiding holes. I though he was hiding with the rest of the fish in the low rocks. Still no clue as to his whereabouts...no carcass either so who know.