Missing

ford81502

i added two clowns on friday to my 12g today i come home from work only 1 left????? i took all the rock and filters and pump from the back and still no clown.do you think a emarald crad and two hermits would finish the whole body in 6 hours with no trace????? going to test water in 20 mins. this sucks

wangotango

did you check outside of the tank? both of my clowns ended up jumping out of my tank. i guess its possible for the crabs to have cleaned up the body that quick.
-Justin

xcdennisx

yah your crabs and emarald def ate it up instantly. i had lost a lawnmower fish and never even saw the body when it died.

N

nemette

Had a similar story... But with a damsel... This was my theory... The 2 damsels were fighting.... When I got home from work was going to take the meanie back to the LFS came home... he was missing.. Like you I searched every where... The only other thing in the tank at the time was that damsel... and within 2 hours between my boyfriend leaving and me coming home theres no way he ate him that quick.. AND would he of... I talked to my grandma and she said when one dies in her tank... the cats are quick to grab their expensive dinner... I do have a cat and figured she got em... Dont worry though I now have a better hood, I am sure it was dead anyways. Soooo point is, do you have a cat??? Might be a possibility....

shogun323

Originally Posted by cjason3041
if it is a biocube check the filter area...they WILL get back there
That's what I am thinking especially the way some clowns sleep. My roomates clowns sleep on the top of the water on their side. I am shocked the havent ended up un the back.

cjason3041

my clown has jumped back there a few times....i fixed him though, i cut a 5/8" hose lengthwise and put it over the lip...he stays put now!!! little bugger