Mitsubishi cars reliable?

fshhub

Originally posted by spsaddict
i like you.... finally some intelegence....

and you would know this from experience?
most makes, or even models, it more depends on who had it.
how many cars have you owned and maintianed(personally)?
and katara, your experience is based upon 1 mechanic's opiinion. not experience as you mentioned here.
one thing i can tell you from dealing with many mechanincs, as well as buyers. each one has their own opinion..... and they are not gospel but opinions.
one thing about mitsubishi's, most god mechanics who build up cars like them, because they are easy to mod and get good horsepower out of. they handle good,a dn CAN TAKE THE ABUSE DEALT OUT AFTER MODIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE....REAL WELL.

spoon

I have owned a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
I now own a '98 Honda Civic.
Ask me questions about either.

fishtails

Hey Spoon,
Was your engine the 4g63 or the 420A?
IF it was the 420A, did you have any problems with it and how many miles did it have?

katara

Originally posted by fshhub
and you would know this from experience?
most makes, or even models, it more depends on who had it.
how many cars have you owned and maintianed(personally)?
and katara, your experience is based upon 1 mechanic's opiinion. not experience as you mentioned here.

Well, you're right about one thing,I don't have any personal experience w/Mitsubishi's.Why would I when aside for my mechanic, I've heard nothing but complaints regarding them from many people ranging from friends,tenants,my mailman?Even the dealership when I went looking for a car has steered me away from them when they knew I was getting the extended warranty.Infigure they knew they'd lose money on the subsequent expensive repairs they'd be doing for my lousy $50 deductible.
As for Ford's I have owned them and if you own one and haven't had motor mount problems,consider yourself very lucky.

spoon

FISHTAILS - 420A :yes:
I abused it for about 30,000 miles. I even went and bought the turbo kit by HRC. I pushed a bar and a half (15psi) forever and even NOSsed it a bit, the block was strong and put up with whatever I gave it.
Also, the rest of my crew had 4G63's... all FAST and all sounded like trucks. Rarely any problems. A friend of mine ran about 22psi once, with a stock bottom end and all he did was fry some rings. Strong block, strong engine.

D

deborahjlinears12

Dependability is quite possibly the main variables to consider when purchasing another or utilized vehicle. Fortunately, there's a ton of data online to help you settle on an educated choice.
In case you're hoping to purchase another Mitsubishi vehicle however you likewise need the most dependable alternative accessible to you, here are a portion of our proposals.
Changes in Unwavering quality:
As a Japanese automaker, Mitsubishi has for some time been known as one of top makers with regards to unwavering quality. Truth be told, the Lancer won most solid vehicle from 1997 as far as possible up until 2012.
The issue is, current vehicle innovation has smothered the dependability of essentially every vehicle available. Further developed innovation implies there are more things that could turn out badly, and they frequently do. You can even now discover dependable vehicles available today, yet there are intrinsic issues that exist in current vehicles that were absent in numerous more seasoned models.
Mitsubishi Lancer:
Mitsubishi has been making the Lancer since 1973, so it's possessed a lot of energy for development throughout the long term. What's more, as the head model from Mitsubishi on JDM Sport Classics, it's just improved and better throughout the long term.
Despite the fact that the Lancer's dash of being named generally solid by Guarantee Direct finished in 2012, it's still reliably appraised perhaps the most dependable vehicles available. At the hour of composing this, the Toyota level of intelligence is the lone vehicle that is appraised higher than the Lancer, and it's exclusively by 1.00 on the Unwavering quality Record. Conversely, the third-appraised vehicle is a full 3.00 focuses behind the Mitsubishi Lancer.
Mitsubishi Foal:
Coming in at number 40 on the current Dependability Record list from Guarantee Direct is the Mitsubishi Foal. A few people may have never at any point known about this model since it's been utilized in such a scope of vehicles, from the '78-82 Illusion to the Avoid and Plymouth Foal models.
While the Foal gets a fair score on the Unwavering quality File, it's at 38.00, a full 34.00 focuses beneath the Lancer. In the event that you can manage the cost of a Lancer, odds are you'll have preferred karma over you will with a Yearling.