Mitsubishi cars reliable?

purity

Originally posted by sailfin
I won't warn you twice, you better watch your mouth. I know what I am talking about. They can and do stereotype.

you know what, i think you're a liar.
BOOM!!!

kittykitty

HAHA!!
okay lets stop the hate people. man this board has gotten volatie in the past few days. anyone else notice it?

moraym

stop the hate
Laughter cures all, except for popeye and HLLE, which is just a pain in the @$$.

csrobe02

LMAO... all I have to say is... WOW!!
I just got back from the beach and come back to this. Thank you very much for the information. I have pretty much decided (kinda) on getting the low model, and doing my own mods to it over time. I agree that the badge is not worth the extra dollars. And I do not want to pay $25k on a new mazda 6, which was my first choice, but not willing to pay that much through college.
Again.. thank you very much for your help! Through greatly mixed decisions, The low model lancer is probably what I will end up going with. I do not want a hyundai, so that is out of the question...

dragracer

I am not a fan of Mitsi's, so I will say this. Chevy fan for life, but If my 99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport would have towed my race trailer I would still have. In my mind, if not a chevy, subarus are the way to go.

sailfin

All I am going to say is that people like kinkwhatever is what makes the world go around. That's why its in such bad shape. Those type of arrogant people can't shut-up. This is my last post in this thread. All I was trying to do was help a man out. I was in the same situation about six years ago. I think you are making the right decision about not buying a new car, I only suggested one since you said you were buying new. It's very hard to find a sporty new car for less than $20K. Good luck my friend, college can be rough.
BTW people can post threads without cursing. :yes:

fshhub

ok, where to start.
1, behave peoples
2, hyundais do not depreciate faster than any other make. It all depends upon age, milage, condition and model. ie. you buy a cavalier for 17,000 and after 3 yrs and 82,341 miles it is worth 4500-5000. now, take a 12,000 hyundai and after 3 yrs and 125,000 miles it is worth 3,000 dollars. where do you loose more? the rate is relatively the same, it is just that they were more economical to start with. Now, the tiburon depreciates a little less than the others, because of demand. It is more the class of car than the manufacturer. Heck, the Yugo was only like 6k brand new and one in good condition with respectable miles can still get 1200 to 1500 or more.
I just traded a 00 tiburon(17k brand new) and took it to the auction and it went for 7400. Retail it listed for 10,8k and they willget that in the city.
3, used to be that every litle factor went into insurance rates, including color and spoiler and rims. But now, all they llok at realy(beyond the driver) is: theft rate, replacement costs, saftey factors and structural durability, and location(as mentioned a fine line divides this, based upon higher theft rates and so on. HECK where i live it is a river, and insurance agents even ask me, which side i live on). As menitioned it is all tracked by vin, nothing else(as far as the car, anyway). You can change the engine add a spoiler put a 50,000 dollar stereo in and your insurance will not go up, UNLESS you request them to cover and itemize them.

spoon

oOoOo, I just LOVE the subaru Legacy! Get that god dammit. 2 Sunroofs, turbo it, and then take up to the mtns...... oooh yeahh baby!

kittykitty

Too bad hyundais are crap.
If you want a good quality car, get an IMPORT, minus the korean makes.
And their 10 year, ten thousand mile warranty is complete BULLCRAP.

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by fshhub
ok, where to start.
2, hyundais do not depreciate faster than any other make. It all depends upon age, milage, condition and model. ie. you buy a cavalier for 17,000 and after 3 yrs and 82,341 miles it is worth 4500-5000. now, take a 12,000 hyundai and after 3 yrs and 125,000 miles it is worth 3,000 dollars. where do you loose more? the rate is relatively the same, it is just that they were more economical to start with. Now, the tiburon depreciates a little less than the others, because of demand. It is more the class of car than the manufacturer. Heck, the Yugo was only like 6k brand new and one in good condition with respectable miles can still get 1200 to 1500 or more.
first off you are wrong... hyundais do depreciate faster... the tiburon is the only car they make somewhat holding thiere value.. go by a new sonata drive it for 5000 miles and go trade it in... you'll see... the same with mitsubishis they depreciate FAST!!! mitsus depreicate fast for another reason... the market is FLOODED with em.. imo buy a 3 yr old accord v-6 lada lada get all the options you want, the car will last you 10x as long, and youll be much more happy with it... oh yeah they look better too

kinkfish

each market cars are worth different money. but if you go to an auction
and try to compare a mitsu lancer 03 with 10k on it to a kia rio 03 with 10k the rio is going to sale through the auction for 3to 4k less than the mitsu. As far as a trade in the dealer is going to go way back of book on any korean car than a japanese car that is a fact. If you disagree you have never been in the business.

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by kinkfish
each market cars are worth different money. but if you go to an auction
and try to compare a mitsu lancer 03 with 10k on it to a kia rio 03 with 10k the rio is going to sale through the auction for 3to 4k less than the mitsu. As far as a trade in the dealer is going to go way back of book on any korean car than a japanese car that is a fact. If you disagree you have never been in the business.

were not talking kias now are we.... so try to argure a valaid point... hyundias was brought up so i used them as an example... mitsua are junk, hyundias are junk...
if mitsus are so great why did the ceo try and hide that major problem... (if you truely work at the dealership you know what im talking bout)...
once again buy a honda.... and stop listening to this kinkfish fool

kinkfish

You must have some inside info some type of conspiracy theory which I would love to hear.
SHIP OF FOOLS

sailfin

Originally posted by kinkfish
You must have some inside info some type of conspiracy theory which I would love to hear.
SHIP OF FOOLS

I am asking this in a nice manner so don't slam me, O.K.?? Your occupation says sales. Do you sale cars? If you have mentioned this before sorry to ask.
:D

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Purity
man, if i were you i'd just go get a late 90's model toyota pickup. that's #1 if saving money & having something reliable is yer goal.

If I was in your position, this is the route I'd take.