Mitsubishi cars reliable?

steve fl.

:) First of all, your mustang should be getting much better gas milage than you are getting. Worked on these cars for a lot of years, and to me It sounds like something isn't quite right with the way the car is running. I think It would be cheaper to find out what is wrong with the car, than buy a new car. As for Mitusbushi, you can keep them. From experiance you can keep them. Not a road you want to go down. Take it from someone who works on cars for a living.

skirrby

i used to have a 96 eclipse.. never had any troubles with it. if your not worried about speed look at the new civic hybrid from honda, i gets something like 41mpg city/51mpg highway.. that sure beats my truck 18.2 mpg avarage

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by kinkfish
You must have some inside info some type of conspiracy theory which I would love to hear.
SHIP OF FOOLS

then you obviously havent been seling cars for more than a year or two... the ceo of mitusbishi lied to the entire company and consumers about faulty brakes.. ummm yeah he stole like 35 millon dollars(maybe it was more).... it was major news... makes me wanna buy a car from that company...... just a hint so you can bolster your profits.. reasearch your company from when it began.... that tip will cost you 3% of your yearly sales...
and it isnt inside info... i usedit to pursuade people not to buy your product when i was selling chevrolet... it was an article in automobile magazine

fishtails

CSRobe02,
It all depends. I own a 97' Mitsubishi Eclipse RS and it's a great car. Good gas mileage, cheap insurance, and one of the more reliable cars on the market.
Now, it's not brand new, but you can find a used one with lower mileage for a fair price. They run in the 4-8k range from what I see nowadays, and this is for a 97-99' model.
Now, if you're still wanting some decent power, but good mileage and reliable, I'd recommend the Mitsu GS-T or GSX( IF you want a Mitsubishi ). May I add the GSX is AWD, which is a plus. Both are turbo, both are 4 cylinder with nice power, both are reliable and cheap. Still in the 8k or less range. If you read around on many Eclipse boards, you'll see that this is a good car and is underrated greatly, IMO.
When it comes to purchasing a car, you must be cautious and decisive, not to mention fun. Just look around and you'll find something fit for your needs and a good price range.
HTH.
BTW, I'm estimating my car does 20 mpgHWY/ 17-18CTY, which is good for a car with 100k miles. Insurance for me is 600/yr. w/ StateFarm, not bad at all.
Alex

broncofish

Originally posted by Fishtails
Now, if you're still wanting some decent power, but good mileage and reliable, I'd recommend the Mitsu GS-T or GSX( IF you want a Mitsubishi ). May I add the GSX is AWD, which is a plus. Both are turbo, both are 4 cylinder with nice power, both are reliable and cheap.

Just remember the average lifespan on a turbos is about 80k-100k...I have heard bad things about the turbos in those things as well....most people are pretty happy with them after they throw an aftermarket turbo in there.

fishtails

Just remember the average lifespan on a turbos is about 80k-100k...I have heard bad things about the turbos in those things as well....most people are pretty happy with them after they throw an aftermarket turbo in there.
True and agreed, BUT, if you find a well maintained turbo that isn't being run on high boost, well maintained, and so forth, I'm almost positive it'll last past 100k miles. IMO.
But, as broncofish stated, throw on an aftermarket turbo and your car will be 10x better. :yes:

tony detroit

As purity said, get a pickup truck, the best way to fly, and they're easy to work on. Sports cars are cool if they spend most of the year in the garage and you have another car as a daily driver. Having a trans-am as a daily driver in michigan is not a fun thing. Pickup truck is the only way to fly, especially if you get a boat to tow, or get a house and you are always going out buying big things, plus moving to and from home while you are at college is much easier with a pickup truck, and you can tow a trailer much easier too if you really have a lot of stuff to move. As far as girls wanting you for your car goes, you don't want those kind of girls anyway.
As far as the insurance battle goes, many things influence insurance price. In Michigan your credit score influences your insurance price. This is currently in legislation to be stopped but as of right now if you have bad credit in the state of Michigan you WILL certainly pay more than a comparable person with good credit.
Your stang should be getting much better mileage unless you're driving city blocks of have it geared for the strip.
I'll never own a car as a daily driver again.

fshhub

I'll never own a car as a daily driver again. [/B]
hhmmmmmmm, there is agood idea, if you want speed, and economy. DEFINITELY lookinto a bike. in fact, you could do that and keep the stang(if you get a used bike for a couple hundred or even thousand. you definitely wont beat the milage and performance is very acceptable.

spoon

It sucks riding a bike, EVERYwhere, EVERYday. But who cares? Get a bike bro, and DO NOT buy a new car. At this point in your life, payments are just fu*king headaches. I've been there. I bought my Civic hatchback for like $6,000 cash. I would suggest you buy used. Go find a '99 Suzuki TL1000-R! You can find one for $3,500 to $5,500. Good luck foo :happy:

tony detroit

Hmmn. Maybe I came off on the wrong foot there. I don't have a bike as a daily driver. I more less meant if you are going to own only one vehicle, a pickup would in most cases be your best bet.

fshhub

maybe not, but if they want speed and/or economy(ins. gas, and mantenance) a bike is a good choice.

fshhub

i'd say wow, but that is cheaper than alot of sports cars, especially ones with Turbo factory installed.
around here, bike insurance is cheaper than most cars(with a few exceptions, like ninjas or hurricanes or womething of the like)

spoon

Oh yeah, I was employed in the service dept. at my local Mitsubishi dealer from 2000 to 2002.
We never had ANY brake problems aside from normal wear and tear. Ok, as well as driver abuse. But that's it.
Also, we we're informed of any and all recalls, which came rare. Never was I informed of a brake recall. Maybe this happened after 2002? Oh well, there's my info...
Tip: :happy: No matter what make of car one ends up purchasing, one should be able to take said car to any of it's respective dealerships and get any and all recalls on said particular model dealt of, without cost to the owner.

katara

Just my experience:
I've been going to the same mechanic for 14 years(since I was 19).Anytime I've bought a car(I never buy new,why lose 25% off the lot?),and there have been 5,I take them to him for a $65 fee for him to look over & give me the go-ahead.Anytime I have called him to say I was I bringing down a Mitsubishi to look over for me,he has refused.In his words "they are pieces of crap".
If you must get one then do yourself a favor & get the extended wrap around coverage,it'll pay for itself,IMO.
Hope there are no Mitsubishi Dealers on this site.

spoon

Haha, that's what I'm talkin about.
Escalade's are overpriced though. Especially with that GMC Yukon engine. The least they could have done was supercharge the thing.
Sell it. Pick up a Yukon Denali. :yes:

katara

Actually,I'm not paying for it,it's a company lease and the two cars I do own are both Rav4's..I bought them 4 years apart because I've never had a better running car and why fix what isn't broken?I don't need to tow anything so why go for a big engine..except for the v10 on my RV which will easily pull anything I need it to.
Still, best cars in my opinion are Toyota's and Mazda's.Oh,and just so you don't think I'm prejudiced,Fords stink too.G'night.
:sleepy:

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by Katara
Fords stink too.G'night.
:sleepy:

i like you.... finally some intelegence....