Mix n' Match MH K's ?

I just purcahsed a MH system with 2 250w 10,000K bulbs & 2 96w 03 Blue Compact Fluorescents, due to arrive on Thursday. From reading info and posts the 10k bulbs are 'white' mid-day sun type. I was curious if there was anything wrong with switching one of the bulbs out for a 250w 20,000K bulb for a deeper water blueish effect? That way I have a mix of both K's. The tank/light is only 48" in width so I doubt I would be able to see a difference from side to side, but i do not know, hense why I am asking here.
I do not plan to make ANY purchases until I get the light, set it up, and see how it looks. But I am curious if I want to go down the road after set up what my options are.
Thanks!

wangotango

Chances are with such a big change in color there would be a noticable difference between the two halves of the tank.
-Justin

Hmmm.... I see this might not be a good idea! I searched the net for actual photos of tanks with the different lights, 10k, 15k, 20k, but I could not find a side-by-side comparison of them. Does anyone know or have photos of what all 3 lights 'generally' look like? I read there are slight shifts between companies that make them, but I was just looking for an idea of what color to expect.
Thanks!

Thanks for that image! I do see a difference, and can image the greater difference with the 20k & the 10k. I do like the look of the 14k though, i have a feeling when these need to be replaced that is the way I will go. Time will tell but thanks again!