Mixing clownfish?

bcott

About 2 years ago I got a pair of false perculas and the smaller one of the two never did well and died about a year ago. The other one is now about 3 inches and gets along with evryone else in the tank. I was looking around and I found a tear drop ocellaris clownfish and I was wondering if the two would get along together? I know usually you aren't allowed to mix clownfish but I didn't know since this one use to be part of a pair.

cpbirds407

tough to say. i'm always for the challenge. However, if they don't get along, then you must have another tank ready for the other. good luck!

ice4ice

As long as they are of Ocellaris species, yes. I'd like to see a pic of this Teardrop Clownfish. I've never heard of them before.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
As long as they are of Ocellaris species, yes. I'd like to see a pic of this Teardrop Clownish. I've never heard of them before.
Yeah, ocellaris species will probably be ok. No "for sure" answers though. The teardrop is a breeders morph, I'm almost sure; Google image it and you can see it.
PS. I checked, it is a tank bred morph. Years ago, fish that turned out like this were called "freaks" now they're expensive "new varieties".