Mixing Clowns...

fishytim

I have a fairly large (2-3 inches) Black and White Percula in my 55 gallon tank. I have two smaller percula clowns in my 10 gallon hospital tank. I have read that you should not mix clowns, does anyone know if I could put my two percula clowns in with my bigger black and white percula?
Thanks!
FishyTim

C

capschamp

i dont know the exact answer to your question but i have seen pictures of b&w percs with other percs before.

viper_930

I don't think it would work. Two of the clowns will pair off and kill the third. OR a percula in the 10 gallon may have already changed to a female and both the females will fight till one is dead.

bang guy

If your Black & White is 3" then it probably isn't a Percula as they don't get thet big. Assuming that it's a Ocellaris then you probably don't want to add a pair of Perculas. My suggestion would be to just add another very young Ocellaris if you want more than one.

viper_930

If your Black & White is 3" then it probably isn't a Percula as they don't get thet big.
I thought that there is no such thing as a black & white percula, just b&w ocellaris clowns?

bang guy

I didn't think so either but I have seen a few of the Onyx variety that are getting darned close. It wouldn't surprise me if someone showed up here with a B&W Percula so I wouldn't rule out that possibility.