mixing containers

dragonzim

My RO/DI goes into a 55 gallon Brute trashcan then I siphon from there to a 15 gallon rubbermaid for mixing saltwater.

earlybird

I use a different container to drain my tank that I've labeled "dirty." Although I clean that container I still don't use it to mix water. The best cleaning product to use is vinegar or bleach just make sure it's rinsed well and dried.

hocky

I always keep ~35 gallons mixed up and ready to go running with a heater and a powerhead in my laundry room. It is in a 55ish gallon trash can with wheels. When it is time for a water change, I just wheel it out to the tank and pump water out of it.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by MaTT B
ya i have 1 bucket to drain the tank and 1 to fill it
Same here. I drain to a 5 gallon bucket and mix fresh in a 15 gallon rubbermaid.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Akidnamedchad
out of the rubber maids does any one get like dirty water after cleaniing it?
-chad

Nope not so far every 3rd water change or so I wash out the container with white vinegar.

psu

Brute--by Rubbermaid--get the gray as I've heard the others might leak the color into the water--well worth the $$

jkcrumb

35 g rubbermaid trash can with a heater and two air stones.........one hign and on low in the trash can...........i run it 24 hrs before the water change