Mixing Tank Rasied Clownfish?

stevew

Any truth to following statement from another online vendor?
"If introduced to the aquarium at the same time, many varieties of tank raised clowns can be maintained together in the aquarium."

broncofish

I just want to mark this thread to see what people say, I have never tried it, bu sounds a bit wrong

aileena

I think that many kinds of perc clowns black or orange can be introduced at the same time...but to mix a clarkii with a tomato clown at the same time??? I would make sure they never saw one another...

seesponge

I have captive raised balck and orange clowns. they have been no problem at all. they tend to stay on opposite sides of the 150 gal tank. They were put in at the same time.

plum70rt

I have a tank raised perc, and a maroon goldstripe, together in the same tank, each have their own anemone, but sometimes switch off during the day, but always sleep in their own bed:) , never any problems, the goldstripe is a very good host will pull silversides, and food cubes to the anemone :)

rook

Plum has a very large tank so there should be little competition and agression, IMO. Where are the two anemones? On opposite sides of the tank?
I have heard the best chance at success is to have two anemones, and make sure the clowns you have do not typically host the other anemones. I.E. a bta with maroons and ocellarius with a haddons. Maroons rearly host haddons and ocellarius rearly host bta's. Supposedly this is supposed to reduce the competition between the species.
Just hearsay as I have never tried it.

plum70rt

yes I have a large tank
yes anemones on either side
yes both sabae anemones, nothing goes near the carpet,
also like to add the perc is tank raised,the maroon is not,