MNF, Go Jags!!!

1911_guy

Wow, tough crowd....Shut out Super Bowl Champs 9-0!!!

I know there's some Jags fans out there somewhere. :joy:

tx reef

Good defensive game. I don't like either team, but I dislike the Steelers the most, so I cheered the Jaguars on.
Your enjoyment will be short lived, though. The Jags are going to be handed their first loss by my Colts in Indianapolis this weekend.
Go Colts!!!!!!!

mrdc

I'm no fan of either team but I did watch the game. The game was getting a little boring with the great defense being played. I think the first 3 points weren't scored until almost 45 minutes into the game. No touchdowns scored either. Roth didn't look great. I think the missed pre-season time has hurt him some. Next week, Saints vs Falcons!

djm

I am a diehard Steeler fan. Not to take anything away from JAX, but we have no running game since Bettis retired. I wouldn't doubt that Cinci will beat us next week.
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

jmick

I'm a Bears fan and I think we have a very good D but Jacksonville looked pretty damn impressive, glad their not on our schedule.

cantbstopd

ive been a Jag fan since the league expanded......i have a co-worker friend that went to that game, but hes a steelers fan. he'll be back to work tomarrow, and im wearing my jersey to work just to rub his face in it a little more....lol. i was praying that the steelers wouldn't change out Rothlesburger....haha
.that was a big mountain to overcome but they got it done and on monday night football.....just wish i would have bet someone on that game..dang it.
and to all those steeler fans

1911_guy

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Good defensive game. I don't like either team, but I dislike the Steelers the most, so I cheered the Jaguars on.
Your enjoyment will be short lived, though. The Jags are going to be handed their first loss by my Colts in Indianapolis this weekend.
Go Colts!!!!!!!
Going into the 4th quarter made me sweat a little...remember what happened last year when the Colts were shut out in Jax for 3 quarters? They came back and beat us 10-3.

1911_guy

Originally Posted by djm
I am a diehard Steeler fan. Not to take anything away from JAX, but we have no running game since Bettis retired. I wouldn't doubt that Cinci will beat us next week.
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
Did you forget about Willie Parker? He may have not done anything against our D but that guy is fast, he'll show up before the season is over. Nope, you can't take anything away from J-Ville on this one.

1911_guy

Originally Posted by Jmick
I'm a Bears fan and I think we have a very good D but Jacksonville looked pretty damn impressive, glad their not on our schedule.
Ditto

1911_guy

Originally Posted by cantbstopd
ive been a Jag fan since the league expanded......i have a co-worker friend that went to that game, but hes a steelers fan. he'll be back to work tomarrow, and im wearing my jersey to work just to rub his face in it a little more....lol. i was praying that the steelers wouldn't change out Rothlesburger....haha
.that was a big mountain to overcome but they got it done and on monday night football.....just wish i would have bet someone on that game..dang it.
and to all those steeler fans

One more big obstacle...the RCA Dome.

k-rok

My hats off to the Jags and their fans. I've been a Steeler fan for life and always will be. Talk about suffocating defense. Wow. I don't know how Leftwich gets away throwing the ball like he does - surprised he doesn't fumble it more often. Anyway, its a good wake up call for THE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS! lol It will remind them they still have to play to win. Roth will get it together soon - and I'm hoping for a rematch in the playoffs!

djm

Originally Posted by 1911_Guy
Did you forget about Willie Parker? He may have not done anything against our D but that guy is fast, he'll show up before the season is over. Nope, you can't take anything away from J-Ville on this one.

Obviously I didn't forget about Willie. He just isn't a feature back and never will be. He even realizes his limitations and was very uncomfortable in our week one win against Miami. He is a perfect "kill" weapon after a 250 pound back has pounded away at the defense for 3 quarters and he can come in fresh.
*Please God- send us a 250 pound gift from heaven*

1911_guy

Originally Posted by K-ROK
My hats off to the Jags and their fans. I've been a Steeler fan for life and always will be. Talk about suffocating defense. Wow. I don't know how Leftwich gets away throwing the ball like he does - surprised he doesn't fumble it more often. Anyway, its a good wake up call for THE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS! lol It will remind them they still have to play to win. Roth will get it together soon - and I'm hoping for a rematch in the playoffs!
Great defenses on both ends. I'd like to see a rematch as well. Good luck on the rest of the season.

tangman99

I am Jag fan. I live in Jax and see them around town all the time. We've got a pretty good team this year and the best thing we ever did was get rid of Tom Coughlin. Hated to see Jimmy Smith hang it up. If Fred Taylor can stay healthy, who knows how the season will turn out. He's a cool guy. I got to hang out with him for a few weeks when he and his wife were in the same Lamaze class with my wife and I about 4 years ago.

coachd

I know this is a bias question(considering I am from Arkansas), but does it seem that Leftwich does not look at Matt Jones very often? It seems like he would get more balls thrown his way.

tx reef

The Jags little 2 game winning streak will come to an end in Indianapolis Sunday.
I am very impressed with their defense, which was great last year but no one gave them any credit.
The Colts' defense needs some improvement, but I think they will play a whole lot better after a couple of more games.
I don't think the Colts' somewhat rusty defense will hurt them Sunday because the Jaguars don't have a great offense and the Jags won't be able to hold off the Colts' offense the whole game.

1911_guy

Originally Posted by CoachD
I know this is a bias question(considering I am from Arkansas), but does it seem that Leftwich does not look at Matt Jones very often? It seems like he would get more balls thrown his way.
Do you even watch the games?

1911_guy

Originally Posted by TX Reef
The Jags little 2 game winning streak will come to an end in Indianapolis Sunday.
I am very impressed with their defense, which was great last year but no one gave them any credit.
The Colts' defense needs some improvement, but I think they will play a whole lot better after a couple of more games.
I don't think the Colts' somewhat rusty defense will hurt them Sunday because the Jaguars don't have a great offense and the Jags won't be able to hold off the Colts' offense the whole game.
So you feel good about your little 2 game winning streak? Barely pulled it off against the Giants and blew out the Titans...wow.
We'll see.

1911_guy

Originally Posted by TangMan99
I am Jag fan. I live in Jax and see them around town all the time. We've got a pretty good team this year and the best thing we ever did was get rid of Tom Coughlin. Hated to see Jimmy Smith hang it up. If Fred Taylor can stay healthy, who knows how the season will turn out. He's a cool guy. I got to hang out with him for a few weeks when he and his wife were in the same Lamaze class with my wife and I about 4 years ago.
I'm from Arlington, my sister used to see them all the time at her bank. I didn't care much for Coughlin either. I loved watching Jimmie play...he's so cool, calm and collected, a classy guy. I'd like to see Fred play healthy too, he's getting a little old and his body can't take a beating forever. That's awesome you got to spend some time with him and his family. I would have freaked.