Mod who removed my post is a retard

tangwhispr

Since its cool for people to use the word "retard" in a thread title, I am going to use it to describe the mod who removed my post, but did not bother to fix the title.
For those that didn't know someone started a thread with the word retard in the title. I responded saying it wasn't cool to use that word, and called the guy an idiot, now my posts are down, so someone took time to edit the thread, but didn't think anything of the use of the word.
Original thread:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/284402/is-anything-wrong-with-my-clam-or-retard

kirkaz

I don't know about the MOD that removed yours, I think they have a tough job, and do a pretty good job of it, but I do agree that thread should have been removed immediately!!! That word is very "un-p.c."....I think it was just (how shall I put this nicely) not very concientious young person (a.k.a. dumb kid) who posted it.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
and you think that thid one is gonna fly with them??

good luck keeping this up for very long

I hope it doesn't fly with them, I hope they do something, the use of the word simply offends me. I would rather see the F word plastered all over this forum then that word.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by earlybird
If you can't beat em kinda thread here? I thought you were against the use of that word?
Yeah, I am...being a hypocrite, but just trying to make my point.

ruaround

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
Yeah, I am...being a hypocrite, but just trying to make my point.
what point is that??? put you on the ban list???

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by ruaround
what point is that??? put you on the ban list???

I could really care less, like i can't come on with a different username, ban my ip? big deal I have to log in via proxy. I spend the majority of my time on UF anyways.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by earlybird
So just a temper tantrum then? Remember it's okay to be angry but not to act angry.
i think we all learned that in like 2nd grade

reefraff

I'm not a mod but I can think.
There is a big difference between using the word "retard" to refer to a clam and calling the one who posted it an idiot. That is a personal attack.

darthtang aw

re·tard /rɪˈtɑrd, for 1–3, 5; ˈritɑrd for 4/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-tahrd, for 1–3, 5; ree-tahrd for 4] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1.to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.
–verb (used without object)
2.to be delayed.
–noun
3.a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.
4.Slang: Disparaging.
a.a mentally retarded person.
b.a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.
5.Automotive, Machinery. an adjustment made in the setting of the distributor of an internal-combustion engine so that the spark for ignition in each cylinder is generated later in the cycle.
If the word is used as definition 4b that is the only reason retard should have been edited. If it was used to describe a truly handi-capped person or a dumb action...then it is fine as long as not used as a personal attack.

lazypinoy

gotta jump in before its closed! ok im in. heheh so bye.
how about retard we use. mentally incapable, r-tard? just suggestions. hehe

darknes

There was nothing wrong with that thread. Different generations have different implications behind words than previous generations. I know he is a younger person that started the thread and he was in no way trying to offend anyone; He simply asked if his clam was "retarded".
Now this thread is a personal attack on a mod. I don't see you being a member here much longer, and personally, I could care less. The mods are doing their job to help us out and allow these boards to function in a civil manner; they don't get paid, and I'm glad they give up their time to keep these boards the way they are.

renogaw

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I dont for see a long life for this thread! Anybody else agree?

ibtl :)

tangwhispr

If the word is used as definition 4b that is the only reason retard should have been edited. If it was used to describe a truly handi-capped person or a dumb action...then it is fine as long as not used as a personal attack.
Look the word shouldn't be used PERIOD. unless its refering to timing on a car. You can list all the definitions you want, in the end its just not cool.
"There was nothing wrong with that thread. Different generations have different implications behind words than previous generations. I know he is a younger person that started the thread and he was in no way trying to offend anyone; He simply asked if his clam was "retarded"."
You're right, I guess younger people don't know any better, we should let them steal, ---- & murder as well.
Thats the great thing about these forums here, they are dominated by pre-pubecent punks who ask questions that they don't want to hear the answer to, or douchebags who stick up for someone like this. No thanks.

triga22

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
gotta jump in before its closed! ok im in. heheh so bye.
how about retard we use. mentally incapable, r-tard? just suggestions. hehe

me too! Fwef made it

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by TriGa22
me too! Fwef made it

Its important that you act like this, at age 12 i probably did the same thing

jerthunter

My 2 cents...
The only person who can say if a word offends them is the person being offended. So it sounds like TangWhispr was offended by the word. No amount of telling him he shouldn't be offended by it is going to change that, it simply doesn't matter, TangWhispr was offended. The defination doesn't change that, my opinion doesn't change that. Plain and simple the word offended someone and was not needed to convey any information...
My personal opinion would be that this might not be the best way to tell people you are offended but thats just me.