Molted Cleaner Shrimp

aftrhrs

Hey all, my cleaner shrimp just molted again. Second time in about 4 weeks. Is this normal for him to be growing this quickly?

J

jessicarabit

Originally posted by cboyfan2020
mine do it once every 2 weeks also. they have kinda short lifespan so I would say it is normal

How long of a life span are we talking?

cboyfan2020

i have heard months to a year tops although I am not exactly sure how long. I would say not years like some fish. Probably 6 months at the average.

angelofish

Ive had mine since 9-21-02 and she molts about every 2 weeks.Shes bigger than any at my LFS.I would hate to think it only has a few months left.
Hey Jessica! Got any pics of your tank? I thought I had alot in my tank.
:D Would be nice to see them running around in the tank.

M

mudshark

Do you add Iodine supplements to your water?
I have found that Iodine makes mine shed and to
much can harm them (not sure why). Mine are
about 25 months old now, so they do last longer
than a few months.

wrassecal

I've had mine over a year. When I bought them they were the medium ones at the lfs. Even with molts and time they are not as big as the "large" ones. I think their life span should be several years. That being said we never know how old the ones we get are really, except for guessing by their size.

J

jessicarabit

Originally posted by Angelofish
Ive had mine since 9-21-02 and she molts about every 2 weeks.Shes bigger than any at my LFS.I would hate to think it only has a few months left.
Hey Jessica! Got any pics of your tank? I thought I had alot in my tank.
:D Would be nice to see them running around in the tank.

I will try take some pics this weekend. I just love all those creature running around doing their thing.:)