money

taznut

this is kind of random but i was wondering what you guys think you have spent on your tanks... i have recently set up a 29 gallon and i am up to about 600 although im sure a lot of you have the blown out of the water

scsinet

Adding it up is sobering. I have 5 tanks.. so thousands and thousands... dang... I'm getting more depressed as I write this.
Better head to the LFS... that usually cheers me right up. :jumping:

ahpchagi

2 years on a 29 gal. About 1500.00? Can't really say. In last 3 weeks 900.00 on halides and RO-DI in prep for 125 gal. upgrade. Next,
turn that 29 into refugium. $?

tx reef

$3,600 on my 55 gallon reef.
Got about $2,000 more planned to spend on SPS....
Oh God, that is a lot of money. I think I am going to go shoot myself.................... :hilarious

shelley

Well over $1500 on a 30 gallon in just one year, and I've only lost 2 fish, an anemone and a Peppermint Shrimp! I've got a LONG way to go! I have a friend who has a 400 gallon who has spend $50k so far on his!

taznut

ow so this is a REALLY expensive hobby... oh well i like it and you cant take the money with you when you die...as long as the tanks looks good its all okay in the end

acrylic51

Originally Posted by taznut
ow so this is a REALLY expensive hobby... oh well i like it and you cant take the money with you when you die...as long as the tanks looks good its all okay in the end

scsinet

Originally Posted by taznut
Plus if you have a big enough tank when you die it can double as a coffin. :hilarious

wangotango

ive spent about $3,000 on my 55. idk im about 6feet tall with wide shoulders, so i think my 55 might be a tight fit to be burried in, but then again i probably wont be complaining much...

coachklm

i spent 500 on my 90 reef cause i got livestock, tank for free... sold that tank for 250, rocks and equipment for 600, up $350 bought a 135g with a 40b sump for $250 and a 125g with steel stand for $400
so comparison... it comes down to that ive spent $300 on :thinking:
135g tank
125g tank
72x24x37 steel stand
40b tank
multiple equipment
200lbs dry rock
oh i just paid 50$ for 2 coralife 36" 2x96w fixtures , not each but 50 for both...

taznut

Originally Posted by coachKLM
oh i just paid 50$ for 2 coralife 36" 2x96w fixtures , not each but 50 for both...
where did you get 2 for 50$??? i spent 160 on one...that is what i have over my tank...oh yeah...what kind of light is it??? VHO, MH, or the other one (LOL new at this dont know much this is what my lfs suggested)