Montipora Capricornus under T-5

Is it possible to keep this coral under 4.0 watts per gallon of T-5 lighting, assuming all other parameters are met?
I'm just curious as I have read differing viewpoints on this matter. I have 4.0 w/g of T-5 and would love to get one. I know that certainly the most all SPS require MH's, I was just wondering if this was one that could thrive under the proper amount of T-5's.
Thanks

drex

not to steal a thread but i have been wondering about the same...how about more sps? i am purchasing a tek system this week"im not sure what kind the poster of this is looking at" but i have been told a 6 bulb is ALL i would want on my 90? does anyone have an 8 bulb? or is it overkill? thats what a pet store around here said..they run 6's on all their tanks. but as far as clams down low and what not, how much light do these all need from t5's ?? hope you dont mind i just blurted that out

Wow man, your tank is gorgeous!! I am really jealous. I would love to have my tank look like that one day. I'm really glad to see such healthy SPS, and acros at that, under T-5. Did you mention how many watts/gallon you have?

coraljunky

Originally Posted by Golgi Aparatus
http:///forum/post/2559695
Wow man, your tank is gorgeous!! I am really jealous. I would love to have my tank look like that one day. I'm really glad to see such healthy SPS, and acros at that, under T-5. Did you mention how many watts/gallon you have?
Watts per gallon is kinda obsolete. True light intensity is measured best by par rating or lumens. 4.8w/gal. Since I've started my 65g, I've moved all sps into it. I wanted a dedicated tank away from my leathers and lps. I've seen a massive increase in growth and beautiful color changes using high kelvin halides with T5 actinics. 65g with 578w!!!

coraljunky

Originally Posted by Golgi Aparatus
http:///forum/post/2559782
So , Coraljunkie, in your 90g do you only have T-5 lighting or do you have MH lighting as well like your 65?
My 90g is T5 only. I still have a crocea clam in it that won't detach from a rock.

ags

generally more light is always better. If you can fit 8 T5s under your 90 and you won't run into heat issues, do it. I have 6, 110 watt VHOs over my 90 and keep monti caps, monti digitatas, sps, lps and softies. My SPS have not lost their color and all of them grow, some faster than others. T5s are supposedly superior to VHO (I have no experience) therefore I would expect the same or better results.