moon lights

cj7eagle

I have blue in my 29 gallon, and the girlfriend has white in her 10 gallon. In my opinion the white are too bright. The blue keep the tank darker, yet you can still see whats going on.

natureboy

i'm not 100% sure about this but i have heard that the white moonlights provide a more realistic moonlight (good for spawning etc...) and the blue lights are simply for looks.

kiddie lala

i look the white light. it gives it the ripples effect on the water making it look like waves on the top then shadowing it down to the rocks and stuff. blue is cool if u like to see the greens and other colors of ur tank explode to bright colors.

reckler

Originally Posted by natureboy
i'm not 100% sure about this but i have heard that the white moonlights provide a more realistic moonlight (good for spawning etc...) and the blue lights are simply for looks.
Well actually The blue light from the LED closly resembles moon light. My moons are 470nm, which is the closest you can get to natural moon light.
If you go with white you need to make sure you don't use to many because you will just be adding to the growth of algea.
Blue is the best for moons IMO, plus it gives a more appealing look to the tank at night.