moon lights

S

sukisuki1

I have a sunpod 250 with moon lights. I have one small zoo and a small amount of mushroom coral, oh, along with a clean up crew. I'm just adding everything slowly. Anyway, I decided the moon lights are fabulous night lights so I would like to always leave them on for the whole night. Does anyone know if there is a problem with that? It's a 55 gallon reef tank. :thinking:

joncat24

I run my moonlights 24/7

I bought them on the site where you bid on stuff(24 of them) put the kit together and they are supposed to last 10 years running 24/7.

algaepad

Do you think your fish are bothered by the LED lights at night? I turned mine off because I felt the fish were not sleeping. Curious as to what you guys observe. I dont want to stress the fish but those moon lights sure look cool.

anonome

Moon lights are a great addition to any tank, simulates the moon at night. Is it necessary? No. But as far as the fish sleeping....be consistant. If you are going to run them, then run them every night. The fish get accustomed to this and adapt nicely. Put the moons on a timer with the other lights and the fish soon learn. My fish seem to not mind them at all at night. The corals are very interesting to watch at night, this is when their tentacles come out and catch food. I would never be able to see this if the lights were out. (without disturbing the fish) I also get to see my ever hiding purple reef lobster this way!