Moonlights

R

ramsey

Do they make a moonlight for a 10gal or a 18in hood lamp "florsent" cause i really like the color the make the tank a night plus to see my fish at night.

snipe

You can buy them on many sites a famous auction site has them or you can search google and buy instructions or find free instructions on how to make your own.

djultra

I use three of the 100 degree triple led lights that I got from Autolumination they are $5.00 each and all you reed is a 12 volt transformer. Also they are waterproof

R

ramsey

Will this work for a moonlight setup "I made the design". I dont no you you will be able to see the pic very well.

djultra

It depend on the transformer and led. I assume that in the picture you are running the lights in series.

R

ramsey

Yes and also if that dont work I no how to setup lights differnt ways to

fuax

You can buy individual moonlights very cheap at most fish websites. They are just plug and play no need for a transformer just a power strip.
I put 4 - 3/4 watt lights on my 150 (6ft long) and they look great
send me an e-mail and i will give you the addy of the site I used
gunman1@bellsouth.net

snipe

You can buy everything needed at your Local Radio Shack. All you do is Buy LED's I just ordered 4 said all he could get was 430nm but that will work. Get the plugs for them ask they should be able to get them as well. Just wire the plugs into a 12volt car charger and plug in.

R

ramsey

Well I just did what I put up in the pic but I just used christmas lights and it puts out a nice glow but it makes the tank creepy like thow

djultra

I see that you put Christmas tree lights up. Are you trying to light the tank at night to see or are you trying to emulate the moon cycle. If the moon cycle is what your after the lights need to be blue at 470nm. I'm not sure if the Christmas tree lights do that.

R

ramsey

I just used the christmas lights "stole them off the strand of lights" just to see what they would look like and also like I said it makes the tank look creepy like.