More Fish For Me Tank

mjtech12

Just put another order in this time I went with a Convict Tang reminds me of some people I know, 12 Green Chromis need some schooling shiny stuff and I found a Red tail tamarin wrasse I have enough yellow in the tank.

geridoc

Let me know how the chromis do - the last time I tried to start a shoal of these guys I went through about 20 in QT, got two to survive, one of which has only one eye left. But they do make a small (home)school in the display.

mjtech12

Well I have a casualty the Red Tailed Tamirin Wrasse didn't make it
I read they don't ship well so I will get a credit I guess waiting for an email otherwise the chromis's and the convict tang are doing ok so far to soon to tell at least their breathing

mjtech12

My yellow tang is so aggravated its funny he keeps chasing the new convict hopefully it will calm down like when I first had him with my others and now they all get along but we shall see said the blind man
UPDATE:
Well I had enough I captured the Yellow Tang and thru him into solitary that ill teach-em

mjtech12

Hey Doc,
The Chromis are doing great so far all are swimming together just fine I didn't quarantine them though I just floated the bags and then drip acclimated for 20 min i'll keep ya posted

flower

Hi...With a tank that nice I would have used the quarantine for sure. It's so squeaky clean, how long has the tank been established?
I think the rock looks just fine, but maybe I would have built it up a little higher. The schooling fish looks pretty nice in there, fingers crossed they all make it.

mjtech12

Ok just to update convict tang (Dead) Chromis had 12 now have 4 tried to put some angels in that didn't last had a yellow headed goby (Dead) so I let the tank settle a while now I have a Beautiful Harlequin Tusk and he is doing great
Flower The tank has been up and running over 9 months run 2 canister filters and a UV Just purchased A Bubble-Magus Protein skimmer Thanks

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTech12 http:///t/395156/more-fish-for-me-tank#post_3522519
Ok just to update convict tang (Dead) Chromis had 12 now have 4 tried to put some angels in that didn't last had a yellow headed goby (Dead) so I let the tank settle a while now I have a Beautiful Harlequin Tusk and he is doing great
Flower The tank has been up and running over 9 months run 2 canister filters and a UV Just purchased A Bubble-Magus Protein skimmer Thanks
Hi,
I would be in tears if I lost that many fish so soon after adding them to the tank. I think you may have added too much too soon. If you had a QT set up, you would be forced to wait 3 weeks between each fish addition
, that would allow time for the Display to adjust before you add the next fish. 4 left out of 12...that's not good.
It isn't the size of the tank, or how long it was set up. The good bacteria will only develop as it's needed. So after you add each new fish, it means the whole system needs to re-adjust to accommodate them. That doesn't happen over night, or even in a week. The more filtration makes no difference, the good bacteria colonies need time to populate and grow.

mjtech12

Hi flower,
Just so you know I have other fish in the tank it was just the few that didn't make it I know about the adjustments and your right I might have rushed it a little but there all doing good
heres whats in there now
2 hencheous butterflys
1 foxface
1 yellow tang ( He's A Mother F)
4 Spotted Cardnials
4 Chromis ( Out Of The Initial 12)
1 Diamond Gobie
1 Lawnmower Blenny
4 Damsels( Trying to get them out)
Recent Addition Harlequin Tusk
And they are all doing Great

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTech12 http:///t/395156/more-fish-for-me-tank#post_3522558
Hi flower,
Just so you know I have other fish in the tank it was just the few that didn't make it I know about the adjustments and your right I might have rushed it a little but there all doing good
heres whats in there now
2 hencheous butterflys
1 foxface
1 yellow tang ( He's A Mother F)
4 Spotted Cardnials
4 Chromis ( Out Of The Initial 12)
1 Diamond Gobie
1 Lawnmower Blenny
4 Damsels( Trying to get them out)
Recent Addition Harlequin Tusk
And they are all doing Great
Hi,
... hope you didn't take what I posted wrong.
I would still cry if I lost that many fish so soon after purchase. About 8 years ago I got a Purple tile fish, after waiting for weeks in the QT, I finally got him in to the display, He reminded me of a giant firefish....well he jumped out that same night and committed sushi....I'm still bothered by it.
The rest of my post was explaining a way to help you pace yourself and why it's necessary. I know how hard it is to pass up that beautiful fish in the LFS when you have a nice big tank that's cycled and ready. The tank needs time to rejuvenate after you add anything to it, letting the bacteria catch up to handle the new load.
I'm delighted they are all doing great!

mjtech12

I didn't take it wrong I just wanted to give you an update as to whats in the tank yes NO MORE FISH FOR A WHILE I cant take the loss emotionally and Monetary if you know what I mean $$$
Thanks For all the advise everyone gives me here

ridem32

Get you a gallon of Startsmart complete it will last you a long time just a few ounces will do send me a PM and I can have it shipped to you at a good deal! I have been using it about 6 years! It really works great! If your tank has a few fish die like in yours it would really help! I just use it I'm not a dist! All my tanks are heavy stocked but my fish do great! Knock knock on wood!! In one DT I have (2) pairs of clowns , black tang, blue tang, yellow tang, Achilles goldrim hybrid, (2) purple tangs, flame angel and a few corals!! I got video of all my tangs eating off of one nori clip! It's on YouTube I will try to learn to post a link!