more hair alage since using rodi unit

niko

should i srub all my live rock,i cant pull it off way to much,what can i do,
three week ago pulled all the rock out and it came back stronger???
lights are fine ,i feed 2 times a week
ps could my overflow box be to small
is my turn over not enough,
help
thanks

Niko,
I just started getting some green algea 2 days ago and went nuts trying to figure out why. I ran to my lfs to have them do a water test for me and my ammonia was way out there. The owner said that could be the cause of this. Apparently my tank started to re-cycle itself.
Anyway just for the other members here you may want to post your water test levels as so they can assist you better.
Good luck
Dan

@knight

dan, if you have ammo, your tank IS cycling.
niko, give us a little more details, and whatever you do DONT scrub the rock, that is only a LAST resort, as it kills off too much of the good stuff that will help your tank stay stable.
If your tank is young, it is common to have an algae bloom and it can last for as little as a week to a month or more. each tank is unique. if you wait it out, sooner or later the nutrients that the algae is feeding off of will be gone and it will die off.
Have you tested your scource water for phosphates? thaqt could be a problem.
What type of lighting do you have?
cut back on lighting.
Patience is everything in this hobby, dont rush it, you will be ok in time.
Please also post your water parimeters. and as much details to the problem as you can, including your setup and how long the tank has been up and running.
[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: @knight ]

krazzydart

I have used a soft bristle brush a few times to clean off my rock a few times..... It did not hurt anything,,,, just get a good clean up crew and let it go natural!!!