More than one Triggerfish??

potter

I have a 72 gallon bow front with live rock and currently have the following fish:
maroon clown
coral beauty
porcupine puffer
foxface
blue damsel
Would you advise adding a Clown Triggerfish and a Huma Huma Trigger? Will everyone get along? Thanks!

dragonzim

Someone with more experience may have a different opinion, but I think those 2 triggers would tear apart a coral beauty and probably the clown

jon321

I certainly cant see adding those 2 triggers turning out very well. With your current load you could probably get away with 1, semi-aggressive trigger, the huma might work while its small. Id go with a niger or blue-throat or something along those lines if you want a trigger.
Jon

thewilsons

In my experience since the coloring on the two triggers is so different, they should be fine. My humu was in the tank first, and we got a clown trigger that was about the same size and they were fine.
The rules of our tank for triggers:
If they're the same size/shape, must be way different in colors
If they're different sizes watch the bigger one closely and make sure the smaller one eats.
If one is more aggressive than the other, take the aggressive one out (for at least a day) and put him in later. That way his dominance is no longer established.
We've always have had an aggressive humu but ass long as the more timid fish are in first they're fine. As for the other inhabitants in your tank I'd say it depends on their size.
It can be done though!!!

aw2

Simple answer....no, because your tank isnt big enough for any Trigger.
It's also not big enough for the Porc. you have in there.

nigertrigg

Originally Posted by AW2
Simple answer....no, because your tank isnt big enough for any Trigger.
It's also not big enough for the Porc. you have in there.
What?

connor

Originally Posted by nigertrigg
What?
he said his tank was too small for a trigger . :notsure:
i wouldn't put a trigger in a tank that small either

nigertrigg

Originally Posted by connor
he said his tank was too small for a trigger . :notsure:
i wouldn't put a trigger in a tank that small either
That doesn't mean you are right. There's a lot of people out there that put them in 55 gallons+ and still have thriving awsome tanks so what you are saying is all opinion. There's no right answer. Obviously you could never put like a queen trigger, an undulate trigger or a clown trigger in a 55, 75 or 90 gallon. Those guys require much bigger tanks but a niger IMO would be fine in a 75.

N

nereef

you can't have a clown trigger in a 72 gallon tank.
you are probably fully stocked, and two fish of any kind will make you overstocked.

N

nereef

thewilsons, you shouldn't have a clown trigger in any of your size of tanks.

nigertrigg

Originally Posted by NEreef
you can't have a clown trigger in a 72 gallon tank.
you are probably fully stocked, and two fish of any kind will make you overstocked.
He never wanted a clown trigger. Where did you get that from. I was was just saying he could never have a clown trigger but something like a humu humu or a niger.

N

nereef

"Would you advise adding a Clown Triggerfish and a Huma Huma Trigger? Will everyone get along? Thanks!"
first post

N

nereef

and he should probably not add any fish at all. the puffer shoudn't be in there in the first place. but, you're right. its always up to him.

nigertrigg

"Would you advise adding a Clown Triggerfish and a Huma Huma Trigger? Will everyone get along? Thanks!"
first post
NEver add a clown trigger in a 75 gallon especially when it already has a big bioload. I already said like 4 times that you could never add a clown trigger.
I did say you could add one of the more peaceful species though like a niger or a humu humu but never a clown.
I don't want to start an argument so I am done.

nigertrigg

i'm just telling you where i got it from. who's arguing?

oh....u got the humu and a clown. Is that what you are saying

N

nereef

the thread was about potter wanting to add a clown trigger and a humu humu to his 72 gallon that already has:
maroon clown
coral beauty
porcupine puffer
foxface
blue damsel

N

nereef

i was saying that adding any more fish to the tank, especially a clown trigger that wouldn't fit in there anyway, was a bad idea.