more than one wrasse?

pegasus

In my experience, it isn't a good idea to add fairy or flasher wrasses to a tank with a six line in it... much less with two six lines. I lost a carpenter and yellow fin to these little devils. $120... *POOF*! They harass anything that I add to the tank. I was able to successfully add a neon dottyback, but only because it didn't take any of the sixline's crap. A more passive fish wouldn't stand a chance.

As far as keeping more than one wrasse, yes, it is possible if all are introduced at the same time. Naturally, there is no guarantee that this will be successful, but you stand a far better chance of co-existence if one (or more) hasn't already established it's territory.

Nursemom76

thanks pegasus. For now I'm not adding any new fish. I recently put in a pearlscale butterfly and longhorn cowfish and lost them both. Thought I was doing something wrong,but this morning discovered my coral banded shrimp had my cowfish tucked away munching on him. I think he's the bully in the tank and is what's killing anything I put in it. The butterfly was fine, acclimated well and suddenly died after a day and a half. The cowfish lasted a week, was doing very well, and suddenly died. I saw the shrimp lunge at my six line this morning, so he's going to have to go. Sad because he's a cool little thing, but seems to attach the other fish, something I didn't notice til now. The tank is fed well so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll have to see if the pet store will take him.

jay0705

Coral banded are aggressive shrimp. If u like shrimp, skunk cleaner, peppermint, and fire are all good peaceful additions

Nursemom76

Looking at adding peppermint to tank instead. Didn't realize banded was so aggressive, every thing I research said different unless it was towards another banded. I had a FW tank with the same problem before, the crabs were taking out the small fish.

jay0705

Crabs will eat anything they can catch. Shrimp will eat eachother if one is much smaller, but generally leave fish alone