Morish Idol II

dogstar

:yes:
The tangs look fat and healthy, Good Job. I love Tangs, I have 10. BTW the Idols pretty cool too:yes:

tangs

thanks folks, their all nice and fat! pictures doesnt do justice... their color is bright and solid in person, no fade in color at all. morish been in the tank about 8-9 months.

tangs

believe or not, all i have is a 40G wet/dry, with a euroreef cs8-2. water changes every two weeks. I want to go with a sump set up, for my new tank, but sort of hesitant, since this one is working so well.

ophiura

Their survival rate is one of the worst of any fish in the hobby...probably less than 10%. And many live a year, eating and doing well, and die for no apparent reason :(

fishcrazy2

Originally posted by ophiura
Their survival rate is one of the worst of any fish in the hobby...probably less than 10%. And many live a year, eating and doing well, and die for no apparent reason :(

OH SHOOTS HIM DOWN
Well u have a very pretty tank and i love your tangs HOW big is your aquarium

ophiura

Should clarify that I was just answering the post above mine and not the original poster. It is a beautiful moorish idol to be sure. Looks great! However, they just are not a fish I want to encourage people to try and keep, irrespective of price.

nm reef

ophiura's asesment is right on the mark....they are not a fish that has a good track record in captivity. There are a few that make it...but the vast majority survive less than a year.
It is kewl to see one doing well and I certainly wish you all the best...at the same time it needs to be noted that your success is the exception and not the rule.

shoreliner11

Happy to hear he's doing well. Did he eat right from the beginning or did it take some coaxing? What do you feed him know? Also, whats his temperament? I have never seen one established in a tank is why. I do not have the means to keep one if anyones wondering why I ask, I'm just curious is all.:yes: :D

daisy

All those fish in a 40-gal? Do you have a fuge? You must be incredibly vigilant with water changes and the like. I'm in awe.

tangs

Originally posted by Shoreliner11
Happy to hear he's doing well. Did he eat right from the beginning or did it take some coaxing? What do you feed him know? Also, whats his temperament? I have never seen one established in a tank is why. I do not have the means to keep one if anyones wondering why I ask, I'm just curious is all.:yes: :D

he's a bit shy at first, like every other fish you introduce in your tank. if i remember correctly, after the 2nd day, he fits right in.
His and the rest of my tangs daily diet consist of dried seaweed and frozen brine and sometimes a fresh whole shrimp.