Most Boring National Championship Ever

sickboy

This game was boring!
And what is with every announcers crush on Tim Tebow? He's a really good quarterback, but no where close to the best ever.
What did you think of the game?

crimzy

I thought it was a good game. At least it was competetive. But I thought it was more about Florida's defense and running game than Tim Tebow. JMO.

kjr_trig

I don't see how it was boring...to me boring is USC destroying Oklahoma a few years ago, or Florida or LSU destroying Ohio St. the last 2 years. This was a close game and the better team won.
I think USC would have thumped either one of them.

ruaround

it wasnt boring!!! it was a hard fought battle on both ends... did you want an 80 pt game???
as far as the announcers having a crush... i just call that giving credit where credit is due!!! the kid is one hell of a ball player and most def has left a legacy!!! (provided he doesnt elect to go to the draft... if Tebow stays he is just gonna add more!!!)
once again Stoops failed his team in a BCS game... he can get em there but then he pulls a Marv Levy!!!

sickboy

Well, yes I was hoping to see a lot of points. I thought it was boring, but maybe that was just because of the constant stops for commercial, especially in the first quarter! I don't know, I guess the defenses played good as that is the only explanation for no offense. I thought it would be much more of a shootout and not so much of a field position game.
I still think it was boring. There were many bowl games this year that were more exciting IMO.

rldavisou

I thought it was boring. I'm in total disbelief that Oklahoma can go to 4! National Championships in 8 years (which is awesome), but choke in 3 of them (not so awesome). Anyone else think OK has a problem playing when it really counts?

ruaround

Originally Posted by rldavisou
http:///forum/post/2905460
I thought it was boring. I'm in total disbelief that Oklahoma can go to 4! National Championships in 8 years (which is awesome), but choke in 3 of them (not so awesome). Anyone else think OK has a problem playing when it really counts?
see post #4... Bob Stoops = Marv Levy...

sickboy

I hope somehow that Florida, Texas, USC, and Utah all split the title. It won't happen, but if it did we would finally get a playoff system.

flpriest

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2905465
I hope somehow that Florida, Texas, USC, and Utah all split the title. It won't happen, but if it did we would finally get a playoff system.
I don't think they will take the national title away from Florida, or split it. Reason being, then they would have to admit that the BCS is BS in the first place and is a failing system. It's a shame that we can't have a clear cut Champ out of this BCS crap...

pleasants9

I think we def coulda skipped the whole first and second quarter, second half was soo much better! plus the anouncers called it 4th and goal and the sooners were going for 3rd and goal in the first half they were pretty dumb. but everything went crazy here in gainesville after the game!
or how about seeing the commercial for the new nissan Z 300 times! good god im bored of the car now

sickboy

Originally Posted by flpriest
http:///forum/post/2905498
I don't think they will take the national title away from Florida, or split it. Reason being, then they would have to admit that the BCS is BS in the first place and is a failing system. It's a shame that we can't have a clear cut Champ out of this BCS crap...
I agree! the first step would be for the Pac-10 and Big 10 to get with the game plan and add a championship game. Then, there would have to be an automatic bid for non-bcs conferences, which will not happen as long as money is the prime objective. I'm sure some Mountain West teams would love to join the Pac-10, and teams like Notre Dame could join the Big 10, problem solved.
I think most people think the BCS is a crock o' stuff anyway, but if every conference champion entered into a playoff, you could still have the bowls as playoff sites, then the money would still flow.
But, why do corporations run college football in the first place?

sickboy

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/2905515
plus the anouncers called it 4th and goal and the sooners were going for 3rd and goal in the first half they were pretty dumb.
yeah, that was funny! Fox should be banned from college football! They are OK with the NFL, but at college...they suck.

gmann1139

Originally Posted by ruaround
http:///forum/post/2905431
once again Stoops failed his team in a BCS game... he can get em there but then he pulls a Marv Levy!!!
Why do my Bills always got dragged into it?
I think we all got spoiled by the Super Bowl. Exciting back and forth game that was in doubt until 0:00.
That said, 4 team playoff. USC, OK, Texas, and UF. Utah can go stuff, because they didn't play ANYBODY from a major conference that mattered. Everyone's just using them as an argument against the BCS.
The other four teams had a legitimate argument to be playing last night.

braydonosu

The first half was pretty bad - but the game itself was alright. This bowl season just went to show how awful the defenses in the Big 12 and most in the SEC were. The top three teams in the big 12 averaged somwhere over 40 pts per game and were held to somewhere below 30 in bowls. My biggest beef is with Oklahoma (maybe it's my scarlet and grey blood) - haven't they lost like 4 or 5 BCS games in a row now yet only Ohio State gets bashed on for 3 BCS losses to 2 national champs and a team that very easily could have been. Utah did well this year and they cannot really control the OOC play because a lot of teams are afraid to play them - beating bama did a lot for them, but i'm not sure it did enough to make them a legit big time contender every year. USC was probably the best team this year, but you don't deserve a crystal ball if you cannot beat unranked teams (Florida fits this too) That being siad I think the best team in the game won (and one of the top 2 in the country)

braydonosu

BTW - CNN is reporting that congress is getting involved in the BCS. I think that they are going to refer it to the trade comission or some agency like that citing that it is unfair trade practices. Basically that it's set up to make the big conferences rich and 'keep the little guy down' (Which it is).
8 Team playoff - no auto bids, no preseason rankings. Start rankng teams for strength after the 6th week. Make it so that beating up on southwest unviersity of the northcentral does not help you, and losing to Texas, Florida, USC, Oklahoma.... does not end your title hopes.

stdreb27

Even with a playoff system you'll still going to see a team get screwed out of that 8th spot. And the best team doesn't always win... But yeah they need something.
I kind of enjoyed it. was Close, there were two goal line stands. Several hundred yards of rushing. For a pretty boy, TT is really fun to watch, (Except for the fake run jump fairy pass) OU put some smash mouth drives together. Sure beat last year, and watching LSU get crowned after losing to two lousy teams.

mgatdog

Originally Posted by rldavisou
http:///forum/post/2905460
Ya !!! WVU KICK THERE EGO'S LAST YEAR.

squidward

The game was alright. Definitely better than those blowouts few years ago. I was glad Mr. RUN UP THE SCORE coach lost! He was the only reason why I rooted for Florida. But Utah should be #1!!!