Most expensive LFS buys

S

surfinusa

drewsta could you post a pic of the clown trigger and that was a pretty good deal because they are so exspensive you got a good deal on one and finding one that big im not sure but i think its rare but please please please post a pic if you still have him :jumping:

yimmy

I can top everyones. 450$ for a mated pair of queen trigs. Cool though because they spit water out and made the LFS close down 3 times because they flooded the place, tehy were just sold though.

kreckner

I stand corrected on the Black Tang. I didn't realize they were that valuable.
Nice looking fish too even though my tank is much too small for a tang. I was looking at coral prices at a new store I discovered and they have a 4 inch rock covered with blastomussa wellsi for $90. I think that is a good deal.(off topic)
And Eddie, thanks for the advice. I was indeed shopping at said LFS's and after going to alot more stores I do realize that those LFS's are a couple of the most expensive.

yimmy

they were in a 200gallon and spit out about 1/4 of the tanks water at night and in a store aisle...

yimmy

around a foot...would have had them but they would eat EVERYTHING in my 95gal. The guy said the previous owner got rid of them because they were to aggresive. They were huge, my LFS said every morning they would come back and look through all the tanks to see where the leak was. Turned out some fish were having midnight fun

edward_tun

Last week ( dallas Texas ) one fo the store doing a sale 40% off all Living stock. After the discount still a little bit higher than Saltwaterfish.com. OMG
The most rid i saw are Emrald cra :scared: bs $19.00

aw2

Originally Posted by Yimmy
I can top everyones. 450$ for a mated pair of queen trigs. Cool though because they spit water out and made the LFS close down 3 times because they flooded the place, tehy were just sold though.

Incorrect info. Queen Triggers do not pair up...they mate and then leave each other again, as they're solitary animals. Also, there are no confirmed reports of them breeding in captivity. The guy was pulling your chain. If they were truly 12" each, I'd have a hard time believing they were even kept in the same tank.
Some of my expensive fish...
$400 - 15" Volitan lion
$250 - Yellow Wartskin Angler
$180 - Hawaiian Durgeon Trigger
And...my female Hawaiian Dragon.

T

tampausmc

Originally Posted by Kreckner
$200.00 for a Black Tang
$150.00 for a Chevron Tang
$130.00 for a 3" Flame Angel
$40.00 for a freakin Peppermint Shrimp
Yep, marine fish are expensive here in the Twin Cities.
wow.....peppermint shrimp are like 2 dollars

oozy

I saw recently a 2' Hawiian Dragon Eel for around $1,200. which i guess isnt that outragous, but its the most expensive animal ive seen
the most outragously priced... $3.25 for a strand of Calurpa

-Oozy-

aw2

Originally Posted by Oozy
I saw recently a 2' Hawiian Dragon Eel for around $1,200. which i guess isnt that outragous, but its the most expensive animal ive seen
-Oozy-

I was offered $7,000 for my Hawaiian Dragon and turned it down.

madman33

4in elegance coral 250 and a 5 in squamosa(SP?) clam for 250. Those are the two worst deals ive seen around here.

seannmelly

around here for a small piece of caulerpa rock $60!! i think that is totally outrageous and they pushed it even tho they know i have tangs. it would be gone in 1 hr tops
piece of rock smaller then a baseball w/ about 5 mushrooms for $65
my rose hammer coral was $85 but i got it for less then half that
majestic angel 3-4inches $150
male blonde naso 6" $220 at one lfs and at another for the same thing 1 inch smaller both w/ streamers $80

maeistero

aw2, you beat me to it on the trigger info as this is the first time i've looked in this thread. it's also pretty bad to think about two twelve inch triggers in a 95gal. wow. they probably were fighting so much they finned all the water out.
i don't have any high salt fish, but a lfs here is trying to sell a 9" gold spot pleco for $450. i offered to sell the owner my 12 incher for $100 and he declined. same exact markings and shape. they also routinely try to rout college kids on the big oscars and pirahnas that people give them for free. big fish are ripoffs for new enthusiasts.