Most $$$$ Fishes

mr. limpid

Ok, I was looking on line at fish like I always do, I'm an addict I admit it. Found a Wrought Iron Butterfly price tag $4,199.95.
The only other time I saw a fish this pricey was at LFS in Chicago it was an angle, don't remember what type for $3,000, and I wasn't impressed. At least this fish very unusual looking sorry can see pay 4,000 for a fish.

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/388604/most-fishes#post_3427953
Ok, I was looking on line at fish like I always do, I'm an addict I admit it. Found a Wrought Iron Butterfly price tag $4,199.95.
The only other time I saw a fish this pricey was at LFS in Chicago it was an angle, don't remember what type for $3,000, and I wasn't impressed. At least this fish very unusual looking sorry can see pay 4,000 for a fish.
I LOVE that fish: that is what i call a feast for the eyes.

mr. limpid

Hey Rainbow, still nibbles on that plant, but it looks good. So if my light keeps it alive I'll add more for the appearance.

rainbow grouper

Great personally i am quite a fan if Halimeda but i am glad my Ancanthrus Pyrotherus is eating it because i am assuming it will be good for him he is GREEDY eating all day as well as the halimeda he even pecks at some SPONGE my mum found in the sump: i swaer he'll eat ANYTHING.

mr. limpid

i just looked at your tank from your profile. The plant in the picture doesn't look like Halimeda? What is it and does your Mimic eat it? If he does he has plenty to live off of for awhile.

rainbow grouper

yes that is macro algae there is some halimeda however in the pictures you can not see it as there is a small amount( the pictures are a little old) but trust me we do have some.

mr. limpid

Seth that thread is from 2008 and this is different since I did not purchase this fish. Yes you are right that this is similar to that one. One big difference only you and Rainbow have made any comments and technically there are no one adding any fish.
Don't care just wanted a way to show of this fish I saw.

snakeblitz33

lol, I wasn't saying that there's a thread similar, I didn't want to give you that idea. I just wanted to show you a thread that may have been of interest to you as well. I thought you may have wanted to look through it, because it was on a more personal level with members of the board.
The most expensive fish that I have seen in person is a Clarion Angel, they're around $3,000.

aquaknight

The top fish I've seen/heard about online, has been platinum arowana's. With the upper figure being $80,000 I believe (most common figure). FW I know....
I guess if you want to count whoever footed the bill for any of Georgia Aquarium's whale sharks, those would probably be the most expensive ever
(I'm being somewhat serious. Read up on it, these fish were "purchased" rather then collected, saved from being food)
The most expensive fish I've seen in person was a Clarion as well, personal most expensive fish is our Crosshatch (in avatar). Wrought Iron's certainly are understated beauties. Though $4200 is really a touch more then double the "typical" price these deepwater Japanese guys sell for.

travelerjp98

This is a list I have compiled of the more expensive and sometimes rare fish,
Gobies
Helfrichi Firefish Goby
Flaming Prawn Goby
Angels
Chrysurus Angel
Conspicillatus Angel
Personifec Angel
Bandit Angel
Goldflake Angel
Clarion Angel
Peppermint Angel
Clipperton Angel
Tiger Angel
Reunion Angel
Ballina Angel
Masked Angel
Anthias
Borbonis Anthias
Bimaculates Anthias
Fathead Sunburst Anthias
Eels
Gold Dwarf Moray Eel
Dragon Eel
Anglerfish
Ultra Yellow Antennarius Anglerfish
African Red Anglerfish
Butterfly Fish
Tinkerii Butterfly
Mitratus Butterfly
Decleuis Butterfly
Semilavartus Butterfly
Burgess Butterfly
Double Dash Butterfly
Groupers
Polleni grouper
Saddleback Grouper
Jawfish

Blue Spot Jawfish
Clowns

Ocellaris or True percula clownfish with irregular colors (such as snowflake and picasso clowns)
White Bonnet Clownfish
Puffers

Golden Puffer
Black Puffer
Stellatus Puffer
Rabbitfish

Magnificent Foxface
Tangs

Albino Yellow Tang
White tang- an extremely rare genetic mutation of yellow tangs
Black Tangs
Gem Tangs
Purple Tangs
Triggers

Cross Hatch Trigger
Blue Spotted Trigger
Lunula Trigger
Goldenback Trigger
Wrasses

Flame Wrasse
Australian Sling Jaw Wrasse

my math says 235,294 guppies
they should build a tank bigger than the one a the georgia aquarium and fill it with lots of fancy guppies

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown-keeper99 http:///t/388604/most-fishes#post_3428767
my math says 235,294 guppies
they should build a tank bigger than the one a the georgia aquarium and fill it with lots of fancy guppies
Yep... I miscalculated. It is 235,294, not the other answer.
Now why do we need a tank bigger than the one at the GA aquarium full of guppies of all things???