Most of my corals are dead

veni vidi vici

I had a fire in my house Wednesday and appears carcinogens and coral don't mix.Lost all my SPS ,1-Acan with 5 head,5 heads off another,Torch with 4 heads,Brain looks ill,Blasto seems to be ok as well as my zoanthids ,fish and inverts. Ive done 2 big water changes and making water for another.This sucks

I need sleep....Havent had much sleep in the last few days between repairs water changes and dealing with everything else.

lion_crazz

I am really sorry to hear that. I read through your fire thread and after hearing that everyone was okay, the corals were my second thought because I was not sure they would fare all too well if the fire and smoke was that bad.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2884261
I am really sorry to hear that. I read through your fire thread and after hearing that everyone was okay, the corals were my second thought because I was not sure they would fare all too well if the fire and smoke was that bad.
Yeah i didnt even think about it until i looked into my tank a saw all my sps bleach white. Insult to injury.....But im glad my family is alive, everything else can be replaced.

patrick8929

im sorry that happened that sucks really bad but atleast noone was hurt besides some corals you can replace. hope everything from here on gets better for you!

t316

Was it really the smoke Veni, since you said that most everything was contained in the attic, or was your power down for an extended period of time due to all of this? Unless your tank was close by all of this action, the power outage might have contributed.

colbalt60

run lots of carbon. and take it easy on the water changes. they are stressed out as it is. give it some time and may god bless you and your family in this time of need.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2884386
Was it really the smoke Veni, since you said that most everything was contained in the attic, or was your power down for an extended period of time due to all of this? Unless your tank was close by all of this action, the power outage might have contributed.
I never lost power to the tank for more than a 1/2 hr.The smoke came in to play when the fire dept. tore my ceiling down to extinguish the fire.