Most peaceful tang?

aquaknight

Any of the Naso genus (vlamingis or nasos) are without a doubt, the most peaceful of tangs, often never even as much as batting a eye at the addition of another tang to an established tank. However, a 150gal might house a Naso for a couple years, and a Vlamingi for maybe one. This guys get big quick and need the room.

lion_crazz

I don't see much of a difference in the growth rates between naso's and vlamingi's. I have kept both and growth rate was relatively similiar. Like stated, my vlamingi was still very comfortable in my 210 when I was breaking it down and it was there for 3 years (just broke it down 2 months ago).

novahobbies

what about chevron tangs? I'm in the market for one, and the chevron in my LFS display tank (not for sale!
) is always hiding out around the rockwork, ver peaceful looking.

ccampbell57

I would say the most peaceful tang would be the Naso by far. As said above any tang from the naso genus would be a great community fish. These however get LARGE

crimzy

Nasos are, IME, the most peaceful tangs that I've had. Although I've never actually owned one, I believe that convict tangs are a relatively peaceful, smaller tang.

stanlalee

Naso and young hippo tangs are pretty peaceful (although they dont ignore new comers they are far less likely to actually launch an attack than typical tangs).

robdog696

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2681211
Any of the Naso
genus (vlamingis or nasos) are without a doubt, the most peaceful of tangs, often never even as much as batting a eye at the addition of another tang to an established tank. However, a 150gal might house a Naso for a couple years, and a Vlamingi for maybe one. This guys get big quick and need the room.
Sad face

I got excited because this site lists them as minimum 110g tank size. I am looking for a fish that will be a permanent part of my aquarium for the duration of its life or mine, whichever is shorter. LOL!
So, let me rephrase my question. What is the most peaceful tang that can be kept indefinitely in a 150g aquarium?