motocross has awsome frags i got three

sharkbait9

Well, my day was like any other, with the exception of meeting swf.com user motocross (Joe). He has three awesome tanks in his shop with all kind of full size corals beautiful fish and frags of corals. One tank was a 180 and two other good size tanks with corals up the wazoo. I picked up three nice frags, Kenya tree, nice size frag of orange zoos, and some orange polyps. I was like a kid in a candy store looking at the tanks and the coral :jumping: . Price for the size of the coral frags were great, real down to earth for frags. Unlike some place by me that was trying to charge 25.00 for a 2inch piece of acro. If you ever see that motocross has got frags up for sale or trade, jump on it if he's selling/trading what your looking for. Have no fear on the specimens you will be getting, they were colorful and vibrant and full of life. Here is a quick run down of the tanks. The tanks are set up in his business, I can't speak for every one but tanks that I some times see is a business most times have algae problems, fish look poor or the set up is just plain wrong for what’s inside. Not motocross, MH lights on the tanks awesome coralline growth, water flow, feed the tanks and the everything came out and ate like pigs. The tanks were in the kind of shape you want to see when you go to the LFS. I have to admit I was truly impressed by the up keep and equipment. This is not a solicited thread, its my way of saying wow what awesome frags, tanks and set up. Every body gets a little iffy on trading/buying frags from a stranger, but with moto the meeting had the awkwardness at first but in a matter of minutes it was just a great time (for me at least) just talking about different techniques and strategies of up keeping and knowing about the cost of a certain place with respect to equipment cost. Moto just welcomes you in to check out the tanks and just appreciate the little ocean reefs he has. Moto here’s to you
let me know when you think you’ll have those coral on the overflow ready. Count me in for one

irondog

Yeah he does,i bought a kenya tree mushrooms an another coral off him like 3 weeks ago there doing great,gonna call him again for more

irondog

Het sharkbait,every try that lfs i told you about,underwater world in roselle park,i'v went down to the lfs in marlboro,he was pretty cool lots of corals

fishfryer

:cheer: i went to the marlboro fish store today you sent me to and he was busy talking to people about designing any type of tank for them from scratch. they had nice purple lr in there display. bye the way did you ever check out the store in pt pleasant /brick border?

motocross

Hey Sharkbait...
just saw this thread after all this time !!
thanks for the props !!!
glad to hear you are happy with your corals... you are welcome to check out my tanks any time !!!
Joe

bojik

Originally Posted by motocross
Hey Sharkbait...
thanks for the props !!!
glad to hear you are happy with your corals... you are welcome to check out my tanks any time !!!
Joe
You overnight frags?

sharkbait9

Hey Sharkbait...
thanks for the props !!!
Joe
Oh no problem Joe, it‘s my pleasure. The Kenya has split and has grown like wild fire. The polyps have been growing out of control lost a piece of live rock to them that had to be traded out. The zoanthids are growing and just bunching up like tightly wound bouquet of flowers and the polyps are just growing and growing.
These frags have been better then a lot of frags I have gotten out a LFS and that’s no lie.
How’s that coral that was growing on the over flow and glass on the 180? Stabilized yet? I still want a piece of that. No clue what it was but it just cool looking. Any new color shrooms? Keep in touch. When I get my new 125 set up and ready I’ll be looking your way.
Later on
Mike/ sharkbait9

motocross

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
Oh no problem Joe, it‘s my pleasure. The Kenya has split and has grown like wild fire. The polyps have been growing out of control lost a piece of live rock to them that had to be traded out. The zoanthids are growing and just bunching up like tightly wound bouquet of flowers and the polyps are just growing and growing.
These frags have been better then a lot of frags I have gotten out a LFS and that’s no lie.
How’s that coral that was growing on the over flow and glass on the 180? Stabilized yet? I still want a piece of that. No clue what it was but it just cool looking. Any new color shrooms? Keep in touch. When I get my new 125 set up and ready I’ll be looking your way.
Later on
Mike/ sharkbait9
Mike,
unfortunately that coral dwindled to nothing... ive got a bunch of new corals and some really cool tonga mushrooms kind of greenish / pink, and some red, purple, and green stripes shrooms..
Joe

1journeyman

Congrats on the great sounding store Motocross.
To all the posters here; Remember, discussing LFS's is ok. Asking for shipping, online sales, etc. is not.

motocross

Journeyman..
I started out like everyone else here.. with a tank and some fish... ( alot of them bought online at saltwaterfish.com ) then got interested in corals.. easy ones at first like the kenya tree .. mushrooms etc.. as my addiction grew so did my tanks and i am now interested in sps and the "designer corals" so as my aquatic real estate grows ever so more valuable in my tank, many of my softies need new homes. Rather than throw them out i offered to trade here on SWF and that is how i met Mike aka sharkbait9 i didnt solicit his thread.. just found it many months later and wanted to thank him for his nice words.. I dont have a store.. i am lucky to have my tanks at my office, which is a network consulting firm.
just to clarify..
Joe

1journeyman

Journeyman..
I started out like everyone else here.. with a tank and some fish... ( alot of them bought online at saltwaterfish.com ) then got interested in corals.. easy ones at first like the kenya tree .. mushrooms etc.. as my addiction grew so did my tanks and i am now interested in sps and the "designer corals" so as my aquatic real estate grows ever so more valuable in my tank, many of my softies need new homes. Rather than throw them out i offered to trade here on SWF and that is how i met Mike aka sharkbait9 i didnt solicit his thread.. just found it many months later and wanted to thank him for his nice words.. I dont have a store.. i am lucky to have my tanks at my office, which is a network consulting firm.
just to clarify..
Joe
Wow, than I'm really jealous. Sounds like a great tank. Thanks for clarifying.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Wow, than I'm really jealous. Sounds like a great tank. Thanks for clarifying.

Journyman no fish store just tanks from his hobby. Sorry to cause a problem. Joe i'm going to have to stop up again and check out some frags.
When the 125 is up i'll come a'callen

hot883

Journeyman..
just to clarify..
Joe
Thats funny sincehe admitted buying from you. This is your warning. You may NOT use these forums to sell. Which is very apparant from your to many threads in the classifieds. Bye, Bye!