Motorcycle riders

slick

Hey guys I was just wondering how many of us ride bikes. I know of a few here and thought it would be fun to post pics and stories about our bikes. Here is my 2004 Yamaha YZF R1. I just added a two brothers racing exhaust and fender elim kit with clear lenses.

tangman99

Nice bike! I like the 2 cannons sticking out the rear. I just bought a 2005 Honda F4i CBR about a month ago. It's still all stock. I'm looking for a fender elimination kit, but I can't find one for an '05. I'll add a slipon one day also.

slick

Originally Posted by tony detroit
That R1 looks MUCH better now.
Nice buy.
Sounds MUCH better now too...

nas19320

I love the red R1's. I have a 2005 R6. Mods include: Clear alternatives Integrated Taillight, McCoy's Fender Eliminator, Gregg's Frosted Flushmounts, Painted windscreen, Libertek Relay, Targa Seat Cowl, Micron Highmount Black/Blue, 15/50 520 conversion, Speedo Healer, HyperPro RSC Steering Damper, Harris Tank Pad, Galfer HH front pads, +4 ignition advancer
Sitting in the garage waiting for me to have the time to put on are Galfer SS braided front brake lines and some sweet Sato black rearsets so I can run GP shift and some Metzler M1's so I can get off the stock Dunlops that I don't like at all.

moto757

don't have any pics of mine on my cpu but it doesn't look to good i got cut off the other day and put it down at a slow speed but messed up the fairings so i got a new cheetah street kit and am getting it painted in two weeks and will have some then or trade for my 1000 maybe everyone keep riding and look out for the other guy oh yeah nas try the bridgestone battlax bt 14 or the pilot powers big difference then dunslops

boom215

i dont have a bike but im gettin one tom. buts its a small one its my first bike and im an idiot im only gettin a vstar 650 classic so i can cruise

tangman99

Originally Posted by boom215
i dont have a bike but im gettin one tom. buts its a small one its my first bike and im an idiot im only gettin a vstar 650 classic so i can cruise
Very smart on your part. You don't want one of these to learn how to ride on.

boom215

well i got my bike tonight... i freakin love it i only rode it on a parkin lot for like 20 mins but i cant wait.....it was dark as hell and my buddy has work at 6 so he didnt feel like standin there watchin me so he rode it back to my place and my ass is so cruisin for whenever i get dont work till i run out of gas for the third time

slick

saltfisher, I'm glad to see you took that ugly can off your bike. What was Suzuki thinkin when they designed that.

whaler

I rode the crotch-rocket-type bike for about 15 years, ending about ten years ago. I'm grateful and I survierd it.
I rode motocross as a kid and into my mid-twenties, so I thought I knew how to ride. I rode wheelie-riding horsepower for years thinking that I knew what I was doing. Years later I started getting formal training and discovered that I had MANY bad habits. Really, I sucked. I'm still trying to work my way out of bad habits and into better form.
Now I'm riding a BMW R1150RT, an old man's sport-touring bike, because I like to travel longer distance in comfort. If I win the lottery, I'm going to buy the new BMW K1200GT, as it rides like a sport-tourer, but has 150 hp at the rear wheel. (I still like horsepower, I just want comfort, ABS, and suspension tracking too :yes: )
You know, I'm sure this doesn't apply to anybody here, but if you line up 100 guys who are between 20 and 40 years old, and ask them how well they ride/drive, about 99 of them will rate themselves "much better than the average guy".... Obviously most of them are wrong. (It leaves you wondering who is responsible for all the bikes that end up stuffed into cars - and driving up our insurance rates :notsure: )
It's worth getting all the training you can. The MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) is a good place to start.
By the way, for you guy who write without the benefit of simple punctuation, it's MUCH harder to read your posts... Maybe that's a next generation thing too.

tony detroit

To second your opinion.
I learned more in one day at the track then I did in 3 summer's riding on the street. I don't even ride street anymore.