motorcycle tires

moto757

Just wanted to know what everyone was running I just ordered the new michilin pilot powers for my cbr they will be replacing the bridgestone battlax's which were really great. I just wanted to know if anyone has ran these yet they are replacing the pilot sports for 05.

tangman99

I think my new bike has Dunlops which I hear are Ok, but to go with something else when they wear out. I've heard people talking about the Pirelli Diablo tires, but I think they are mostly for track. Not sure though as I'm still new to this.

xpdition03

When I had my GSX-R's, I used to run Dunlop 208's.
I've never tried any other brand but I hear good stuff about Pirelli's.

nas19320

Pilot Powers seem to be the new hot tire. I'm running stock Dunlop 208's now but I'll be giving Metzler M1's a try real soon.

moto757

See i was hearing the diablos were nice but wear out too fast that is why I stayed away from them. The dunlops are good but take a bit to heat up to start sticking two off my buddies slide around turns in the mourning coming from work, lucky for them they stayed on.

tangman99

Originally Posted by moto757
See i was hearing the diablos were nice but wear out too fast that is why I stayed away from them. The dunlops are good but take a bit to heat up to start sticking two off my buddies slide around turns in the mourning coming from work, lucky for them they stayed on.
There probably the same as the Z rated tires I put on my Corvette. The real soft ones wear out very fast, but stick like glue. I started buying them a little less soft now. I was getting tired of spending $1600 every 15K miles. That's a freaking $1 every 10 miles.