MOV/AVI file to DVD??????

ifirefight

I bought a camcorder,under the impression it could EASILY burn video to a DVD....well I returned that one and bought another..and ended up with the same problem. The ArcSoft Mediaimpression software that comes with it will not convert the files to DVD....apparently I need a program that can convert the files so I can watch/record them to a DVD. I have a new DVD player that plays almost all formats..Can anybody suggesy a EASY TO USE program that can do this....remember I am not very computer savy.

scsinet

Moved...
I use ConvertXtoDVD by VSO software. I haven't found a format yet that it won't handle and it lets you make basic titles and such.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by ca161406
http:///forum/post/3170526
i like magix edit pro 15 a lot
I have that, it's pretty grand.
I like Nero. It is always so simple and gets the job done. Granted, if I wanted a fancy, shmansy, and awesome DVD setup; I'd go with Magix.

9supratt4

What format does the camcorder record into? My JVC Everio records to VOD & TOD files. I have to do the same as you. Put them into the program that came with the camcorder and convert lem to avi or mov.....so annoying!! Once I get them converted, I use either Final Cut or Adobe Premiere.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by 9supratt4
http:///forum/post/3170650
What format does the camcorder record into? My JVC Everio records to VOD & TOD files. I have to do the same as you. Put them into the program that came with the camcorder and convert lem to avi or mov.....so annoying!! Once I get them converted, I use either Final Cut or Adobe Premiere.
Well the first camcorder recorded in MOV,the crappy software that came with it was unable to convert that type of file to burn to a DVD...so I returned it...bought another type camcorder...which I was assured by the sales person,would "definately" be able to burn right to the DVD with the included software....NOPE,didnt happen. That one recorded to a AVI file....so today I will be going out and looking at the software you guys recommend. I just thought this was going to be an easy thing to do...I didnt figure I was going to need a special program to burn to DVD. Apparently Im not the only person supprised by this...I have read numerous reviews/complaints on the net about this exact problem....people will be surprised Christmas morning when they get the camcorder and it doesnt do what its supposed to do. On a side note..both cameras recorded great and played back well on the computer,and east to post to facebook and such...however,I just want to take videos of the kids and family. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

scsinet

Even if it did include software to do the job... the software that comes with this sort of thing is to say the least... lacking. The manufacturer usually picks cheap software so they can put the bullet point on the box about it being able to do things, but it usually lacks features, compatibility, or flat out doesn't work.
You're going to have far better results by finding a third party application.