Move glued Duncans

juanro

My friend came by my house the other day while I was in class and left in my tank a couple of corals as a gift. The problem is that he glued the duncans to the rocks in a place of high flow, and some wont open much and others at all.
To move them, should i just pull on them, or try to break off a piece in the bottom of the coral? The one that is in the highest flow wont open at all and is also very short.

florida joe

IMO in relation to the Duncan not opening in the high flow area. I do not believe it’s the high flow that is causing it not to open. It is in fact my experience that they will in fact open greatly and form sweeper tentacles in high flow areas

btldreef

I agree with Joe. My duncans are right in front of my MP40 and are completely open.
They may still need time to acclimate in your tank.

juanro

Managed to take the duncans out and re-glue them. Do they really like high flow? The one that was in high flow looks like it dried up a bit, the one in medium flow looks good and opens up well.

geoj

They don't know what you mean by high flow. A pic will help with the confusion. I would put them where they are happy of course you would have to know what happy looked like. :laughing:

florida joe

Agree with GeoJ as with most things in this hobby its trial and error just learn to listen to your corals they will let you know the best environment for them

juanro

Hopefully later on today I'll be back home and be able to post a pic.
What I meant by high flow is that the flesh of the duncans flesh would move a lot, I moved it to a place with medium flow where the flesh moves a little and get an occasional high blast of water just before I left.