Move successful.

stig

I recently posted saying how I proposed to move apartment while moving my fish into a bigger tank. Thanks to all those who offered me advice. Fingers crossed but I completed the move 5 days ago and everyone is fine and eating well - although they can't quite work out where the food is coming from anymore.
I moved everything from a 15G to a 46G and am in the process of slowly filling up the tank with water - 3 to 4 gallons every couple of days. Also added more live rock and more bio-media.
A couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with........
I'm seeding my sand bed with my old crushed coral in nylons. Is a week long enough for this? I really want to rearrange my rocks to make it better for the fish.
I have a lot of bio-media in my 2 filters. A mixture of coral pieces and the cylindrical porous rocks. Silly question time - is it possible to have too much? I'm guessing not, but I was just curious.
OK. Last question......look out for the tang police. As I mentioned, my new tank is a 46G. I want to get a tang. What would be the best kind to get for a 46G tank?

yetex

Like most people i wouldn't recommend one for a 46 gallon but if you are going to get one no matter what any one says you should better just get a yellow tang since they are the smallest and easy to get your hands on

adam13

I was told that a chevron tang would work. They don't get very big, they are beautiful, but expensive fish.
Adam

stig

Thanks for the replies. I checked my books and couldn't find a pic of a chevron tang. Does anyone have a pic? How big do they get?