Moving 100 gallon FOWLR and sand

theirr

I will be moving my 100 gallon FOWLR tank about 10 miles. A dog faced puffer and tang will be coming along (4 others will be going back to the fish store because they have gotten big). The tank has been set up for over 5 years and has 2 inches of live sand and a lot of live rock.
I plan on moving the water, rock, and fish in containers and leave the sand in the tank. Upon arriving, I will put the water and rock back in the tank. The fish - do I need to acculmate them?
My questions are:
When I put the water back in, the sand will be very disturbed - will this cause problems?
Is it time that I exchange all the rock and sand because the rock is old and the sand has lots of bad stuff in it after 5 years and disturbing it will cause a release of ???? and make the water bad?
Any advice on how to move this easily?

prk543

Humm... 2 inches of sand is not a deep sand bed, so i think you will be ok with using the same sand and rock.
I assume that you are going to be moving the minimum amount of water and mixing more when you get to your destination? if this is the case, when you get to your new house just keep your tang and puffer in a container with some LR, a power head and heater while you set up your DT and make sure it doesn't cycle.
If your water parameters are the same I would not think that you would need to accumulate your fish to the new tank.
When I have moved my tank, I put a large cutting board down on the bottom of my tank and pour my water down onto that. The cutting board spreads the force of the water poring down the sand and keeps some of it from being disturbed. Either way you are going to stir up sand when you put your rock in and or when adding water. If you can leave your fish out of the tank until things settle down that would be best.
For a 100 gal tank, I would remove most of the sand and add it at your destination. Your sand is saturated in your tank, as you move it, you could end up with water sloshing around in you tank. The seals on the tank are not designed for putting up with water sloshing back and forth.
Good luck with your tank move