MOVING 75 GALLONG AQUARIUM HELP!!!!1

gupsterwantabe

I need all your help and advise on this one. I am going to be moving soon. How do you move a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium?
I have not only all the fish, sand, etc, to be concerned with but plus the live rock.
Anyone do this fun feat yet and can anyone suggest the most undisruptive ways to do this?
Thank you for all your help

txrunning1

I had the opportunity to do this exact thing yesterday. I bought a tank and I had to move it. It was set up for 6 years, and it was nice. All we did to move it was to get plastic/rubber tubs and garbage cans. Place the water and rocks, etc in them and move it in a truck. It was fun!!!! Good luck.

shel

I moved my tank last year. It is more time consuming then anything. I moved my 140 with fish, 200lb of lr, ls. I bought 5 gallon buckets for the ls and lr. I also put the lr in a 30 gallon mixing container. The fish I put in a ice chest with a power head and a piece of lr. I also put some of the lr in coolers. I did not lose any of the fish. I also saved all the water, I would not save all the water again. I moved this like 50 miles. Good luck.
Also I heard about someone else that bought wheels for plastic garbage can and put the lr in them. I thought that sounded like a good idea.

ryano

I have now moved my 75 reef 3 times. I just get clean buckets and separate the fish with about 2 per. Make sure you keep the lr wet and most import due anything you have to to keep rock from falling on anything. Try to save as much water as possible to reduce stress. 2 most import things; get help, and don't drop the tank! Fun!

bigdawg

Look on a post titled "I'm gonna be moving tanks" by BluTang on Oct. 25. I told him how I just recently moved my tank, and other people also gave good advice.

krazzydart

depending on how far and where too!!!! by using clean buckets..... put the live rock in there and cover with a moist (salt water) cloth, even save most of your water, also if you are moving a far distance.... see if the lfs could hold your livestock untill you get setup yourself!!!!

gupsterwantabe

Thanks to all who have replied. I am moving about 1/2 hour away. The question I have left is if I takeout most of the water, and the live rock and the fish,, I should leave some water and the sand in the bottom correct?

shel

I took everything out of the tank, i left no snad or water. You know how heavy that will be if you left it in the tank. It took bust your tank.