moving a tank

akinda

i have to move a tank 2 times in like 2 months how would i do it and would it stress out my fish to the point they will die?

xenoclown

what i did when i moved a 72 bow was i bought 4 20 gallon tupperware containers and put about 15 gallons of water and some live rock in each . i put trash bags inside the containers and duct tapped them shut so they would not leak.and i put my inverts and fish in 5 gallon buckets and everything lived.

aftrhrs

I moved my 75 gallon and although it wasn't much fun, all my fish survived. I bought two large containers that I put about 40 gallons of water in total. I put the the fish in my 20 gallon refugium and left it plumbed with a heater and a power head while I moved the big tank. After the big tank was set back up, and running for a few hours I went and moved all my fish to my new house. It worked for me.

O

ocikitty

I move my 90 gallon tank 400 miles. We took all of the water out and put it in large trash cans lined with clean garbage bags. We put all of the live rock in a Rubbermaid container and the crushed coral in another. Covered both with some water. All livestock went into a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. I had a portable battery operated air pump leading into the top of the bucket. Everything rode in the back of a pickup except for livestock they rode in the cab. Everything lived and is doing well. When we got to our destination immediately began setting it up. Total time from break down to set up was 6:00 am to 2:00 am. ---- 20 hours.

We moved our 75 gallons tank 600 miles. Took all the water, sand, rocks, corals, lionfish, butterfly, snails and crabs. Everything is fine, but the lion was a little annoyed about being moved.