moving eel and trigger

trgirl

Thanks for the horn shark info,I have a 150 gal so I think I'll hold off till we get a house with room for a 300! My question today is: I just got this 150 gal.I have a yellow tang and a niger trigger in it. I would like to transfer my snowflake and my young picasso trigger into it soon (it's been up for about a month.) I know these guys are all territorial so I'm worried about who should move first because I don't want any of them kicking the crap out of each other! I want to keep them all happy,which is why I bought them this tank in the first place! Thanks!

eddi

trgirl,
I can't help you with triggers as I don't particularly like them and therefore have never owned one, but I can tell you my experience with the snowflake. I have owned one for about 18 months. I bought it when it was about 5-6" (it is now about 14") and have moved it three times without any problems at all. Not only snowflakes are very hardy, mine has never given me a single problem.
Good luck with your move,
Eddi

heithingi

Hi,
I am not so sure your yellow tang will make it in that setup. He is not aggressive. I would seriously plan on moving him soon!
Lynda

ya the yellow tang may not make it...but in a 150 it could happen. i would put the eel in then the piccasso and make sure u have rock for each of them to have territoy. and you must understand as a trigger gets older it will need more territory, which it is willing to fight for, just like most do. so watch out if u keep the yellow tang. my opinion i would sell him back.
[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: dlight692000 ]