Moving my 130W PC to another tank temporarily...? Advice?

zeromus-x

Hey guys, quick question. I'm in the middle of setting up a 10g refugium. Right now, it's basically going to be a "second tank" until I get the money to get the pump, materials, etc. I'm going to move some of my live sand from my established tank (about three years) to the 10g, and use the water and a few live rock pieces from it as well... basically, creating an "established" tank in the 10g.
Another point of doing this is to frag a few mushrooms that I've got. I'm not familiar with mushroom fragging and have a bit of reading to do, but I don't want to do it in my main tank. I've got a curious puffer that would just eat 'em anyway, I'm sure. Anyway, my "plan" is to move all of my coral (only two mushrooms, a finger leather, and a hitchhiker anemone that I can't identify) to the 10g tank and put my 130W light on it, and put my cheap "came with the tank" light back on my main tank for a little while. I figure this will encourage growth of the mushroom frags as well as help out with the coraline algae growth on the rocks that I place in there with them.
Does this sound like a feasible thing to do? Or am I asking for trouble going from a 130W on my main tank to whatever the stock one was (a NO fluorescent)? If it sounds okay, how long should I keep things switched around before I move 'em back?
Just trying to avoid a dumb "oops!" along the lines.
Thanks!

jobob

y dont u just buy a fry tank that hangs in the main tank. so the puffer cant eat them and both the coral and frags with have good light. ??? just an idea.