moving tank

nckissmrt

I have currently had my saltwater tank for about 6 months, but i have a problem, im moving to a bigger place. the good thing is the place is right next door. my question is what is the best way to go about moving my tank. its a 55 gallon so i cant just pick it up. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank-you.

arkey.d

When you break it down your going to have to use Rubbermaid containers to place the water and LiveRock into. If you may need to place your LiveSand in a Container too, if it is still too heavy to carry next door. Then reassemble.

clarkiiclo

Walmart has a really good deal right now on 36gallon rubbermaid tubs on wheels! How cool is that?
Just roll your stuff next door!
I also suggest getting a few friend together to help you move the tank as quickly as possible.

mo0nshine

all i have to say is moving water + rocks sucks really bad :) i had to move about 100 gallons of water and about 100lbs of live rock, and it sucked bad.

unleashed

I recently moved to a new house luckily in the same town I had to move my entire tank 125 gal. peice by peice to anyone thinking of moving your tank without a huge water change and loss of stock this did the trick.I drained the tank water into a large cooler 50 gal put all my fish inside of this.purchase a five 5 gal buckets from a local hardware store for the live rocks to be moved safely.I purchased a battery opperated airpump used for live well on a fishing boat( btw works great for those power outages).picked it up at corbellas sporting good store for a mere 25 bucks.works on AA batteries all fish survived the move .